My Story

by LearningToFly 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• KW13
    KW13

sorry to hear you've gone through these things, your not alone and that doesnt mean your suffering means anything less.

wish you all the best.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Hello LearningToFly - thankyou for this post (although I haven't yet read it in its entirety, as it touched a nerve somewhat).

Welcome and please stay.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thank-you for sharing your story.

One more story that validates so many others.

You are an awesome woman, we needed you to survive.

I am sorry for the loss of your brother to suicide, my brother also, was sensitive, had not hardened over as myself, and committed suicide.

Your story is very sobering. There is no way it could be read and not bring up some sort of strong emotion within us.

Hope you stay on the board and nice to meet you.

purps

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

(((((LTF))))):

I was so sad to read your story and hear about the abuse that was tolerated and perpetrated against you by the Witnesses.

The Bible is really clear about how to identify false teachers: Jesus said, "You will know them by their fruits" in Matthew 7:16,20.

This is yet another example out of the multitudes that show the corruption and falseness of the Watchtower.

Jesus said:

Mark 10:14 Suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not, for of such is the kingdom of God.15Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein. 16 And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.

Mt 18:6But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Mt 18:10Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

Mt 18:14Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

Mr 9:42And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

Lu 17:2It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

(Watchtower, you should read these passages and weep!)

I wish you the best in your recovery from this cult.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Well I am delighted that I picked the song right! Its such a happy sounding song, must dig it out when I get home. And I love your quote. I am a fan of Anais Nin too.

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anias Nin

LTF

• Nellie
    Nellie

I've heard the saying "Success is the greatest revenge" - in many cases I think it's really "Happiness" instead of success. Having survived all that you have, your goal now should be to find happiness. I wish for you the strength to learn from the past, a find a way to move on from it's pain, and happiness.

• unique1
    unique1

Thanks for sharing. It is awful that you and your siblings had to endure that. I too was wondering if you had been to silent lambs: http://www.silentlambs.org/

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

what an amazing story. too bad of course about your brother. . Yet more victims of the Borg (aka Watchtower Society) and its cover up policy.

I am glad that you survived it, albeit with emotional scars. You sound like a tough gal.

There was one kind elder who did speak with me

I was heartened that at least one elder was decent to you. If only you could have told him what was happening when it happened....he might have been able to give you more support. Sadly, I doubt the outcome regarding your father would have been different if you had told early on.

I understand not telling anyone. Many years ago as a little kid, I suffered sexual abuse at the hands of a non-JW neighbor boy. Not as bad as my younger sibling though.....and I only recently told anyone that. My sibling still does not know it happened to me too. I buried it for years. I still have black holes in my memory of that time, so I dont even remember to what extent it happened, just bits and pieces that something did. As a little kid, I thought there was something wrong with me...maybe I was a homo or something..I know better now of course.

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

SnakesInTheTower ()

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Thank you for sharing those painful memories. I'm so sorry for what you and your siblings lived through. Sorry about your brother as well.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

LearningtoFly~
    You should be so proud of coming through this experience and being the strong woman that you are, it takes amazing courage to do what you have done, and also to tell the story here to others. A bit more healing in that as well, I think.

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit