My Story

by LearningToFly 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• brinjen
    brinjen

{{{{{{{LeaningToFly}}}}}}}

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Welcome to JWD

• Miss Bliss
    Miss Bliss

WoW what a story...Thank you sooo much for sharing. It's so wonderful to see how much strength people have to endure such awful things and yet your words seem to have an air of compassion to them. What a truly beautiful person you are!

"I saw the truth many times but finally for the first time she saw me"~SW

Mad Love~ Miss Bliss

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

I read your story and completely felt like the biggest fool for having written my message before about not understanding why people on this forum seemed bitter about the organization...I'm so sorry all these horrible things happened to you and the way it was dealt with is just awful...I can't even imagine going through what you went through...you truly have much inner strength...and for all those who have had similar experiences please disregard my previous posts...all those who have experienced these things have all the right to vent against the organization and more...I would probably want to burn the kingdom hall down or something...actually you've reminded me of something that happened to my cousins which maybe later on I will write about...thank you so much for sharing your story..you have truly opened my eyes...

• BFD
    BFD

Thank you so much for sharing your story here. You have a lot courage and you are a warrior.

Tearfully,

BFD

• nvrgnbk
  • RollerDave
    RollerDave

LTF,

Thank you so much for sharing your heart-wrenching and exceptionally well written story with us, and WELCOME to JWD!

My heart goes out to you and your siblings for the suffering you have endured and the cold indifference you encountered when you sought help.

It sounds as if you have finally gotten to a good safe place in your life, and I am glad of that.

I too have raised my own child using my own upbringing as a negative example and it has really benefitted her.

We all make mistakes in parenting, and while avoiding the mistakes and wrongs of my own childhood, I am sure I have made other mistakes.

But the wrongs you suffered were not mere mistakes or errors, they were crimes.

While mistakes can be understandable, crimes are NOT and I am confident you will never knowingly allow such a thing.

So long as we use our childhood hell to give our children better, it was not in vain.

Roller (of the 'Never Ever' sheep class)

• Open mind
    Open mind

That was very hard to read. And, not because of your writing either.

Thank you so very much for sharing it here.

I was so happy to read these words from you:

The constant movement towards further personal growth is never ending, I shall fly higher as time goes on.

Welcome to the Board. There are many hearts like that "one elder" here.

LTF

Open Mind

• PEC
    PEC

((((((LearningToFly)))))) Thanks for sharing your story.

Philip

• Quandry
    Quandry

We are all so glad that you have joined us here!!! I hope that you feel a weight lifted by telling your story.

I hope that you continue to look forward and don't dwell on the dark past. I hope that you are united with your sister. You deserve happiness.

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

Learning to Fly, I don't cry easy anymore because it seemed that I spent most of my life in the borg crying, but your story made it happen. When I read your story, well, it is very similar to mine. I am so glad you found the strength to survive the vile behavior of family and congregation elders. Freegirl2006

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit