Service is so easy now

by coaster 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• timmycat
    timmycat

I reakon a lot of JW so called goodies fake it. The hypocrocy in the org is like mould.

• homebound
    homebound

hello all, yes i am still in, but man it's getting so hard to continue to give up my life , for something that's just not happening, my wife is pioneering, and i just cant contiue to do this. cost of living,gas, we sold our home 4 yrs agao. man that was a mistake. i just can't see wonderful people like us, all included dying for something we have no control over. I study, read pray, and it's just not happening. do any of you feel me?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    hello all, yes i am still in, but man it's getting so hard to continue to give up my life , for something that's just not happening, my wife is pioneering, and i just cant contiue to do this. cost of living,gas, we sold our home 4 yrs agao. man that was a mistake. i just can't see wonderful people like us, all included dying for something we have no control over. I study, read pray, and it's just not happening. do any of you feel me?

I do. You feel nothing because being a dub doesn't work as advertised. Your mileage may vary.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Coaster,

All the passing and no eating always made me feel wierd too. I came from a church background and this was just plain crazy. Why even bother with the ceremony if no one partakes. We can show our thanks for the ransom at another meeting.

Since you're still in, do any of the jws have questions or think all the changes are strange? Or are they just thanking the Gov. body for the wonderful "new light?"

• coaster
    coaster

I have several jw employees and have pumped several for info----no one is talking about anything negitively. I may be marked by some--seriously. my phone minutes used to be 2000 a month, now, under 500!!!! I am getting ready to go to some meetings again (for my wife). I only go about once every two or three weeks. I will post if I pick up on anything, esp the sept km QB!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Coaster and Homebound: Most of us here on JWD can fully appreciate the position that you are in with the WT. I wish you both well in the personal, financial and spiritual struggles that you may be experiencing.

Regarding the 144K issue, I am wondering now what the stats for next years memorial partaking will look like. . .It would be funny if say. . .145,000 decided to partake, eh?

• 1914!
    1914!

When was this change in doctrine announced?? This is very new to me!

• 1914!
    1914!

oh, and how do they explain their teachings of 1914 and that generation if there are still new ones becoming anointed?

• coaster
    coaster

This was just in the May 1, 2007 WT Questions from Readers- last two pages of course. What is unbelievable is that no one, not three elders or pioneers at book study today, which was about the 144k even knew about it or understood it and it is a huge NEW LIGHT and very clear.

Question: When does the calling of the 144,000 to be in heaven cease?

Answer condensed: We used to think 1935, and that anybody called was replacing a bad boy anointed. But, now that we are running out of Anointed GB, the seal is off and more are being called.

coaster

• return visitor
    return visitor

This was just in the May 1, 2007 WT Questions from Readers- last two pages of course. What is unbelievable is that no one, not three elders or pioneers at book study today, which was about the 144k even knew about it or understood it and it is a huge NEW LIGHT and very clear.

Coaster,

I have to agree with you, I brought this to the attention of an elder who said he did not see this as new light. It was only after I, a rank and file, on the way out, witness, explained it to him that he admitted I was right and that it was new light. However, that was the end of it, no mention of it as new light from the platform, no talk of it in conversation, nothing. Its like they're ashamed of it.

RV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit