Service is so easy now

by coaster 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• emptywords
    emptywords

We just have not been able to fill the order of 144k in the past 2000 years

any volunteers put them all out of their misery

• monophonic
    monophonic

coaster, you bring up a funny thing that i see at every memorial...the big display to pass the emblems to the speaker, where he actually has to touch the plate and then give it back.

it always cracks me up b/c you're right, just having them there on offer after the talk the 1/1000 of the person who partakes in each hall can discreetly partake...but there's no reason that everyone has to touch the glass and the plate. next year, i'll keep my hands down and make sure the people on either side of me pass it to each other...i'll give it a cosmo kramer type wave off like i don't want to touch them.

i'd love to hear more of your personal experience if you're comfortable with that, like your reason for joining the board, things that made you start to question, etc.

and if you're not comfortable w/ that, that's cool as well. personally i think it's great that there are still active jws here, we can score scanned KMs if we wanna read them and i think the most important thing is information availability and exchange, which the wtbts has shown itself not to be too forthcoming in their failings....the other day a relative said, 'sometimes the brothers get it wrong' and my reply was, 'yes, but they don't apologize and/or take responsibility....when i was still IN, the minute i went to the wrong concert or saw the wrong film i was instantly given a sheparding call and held accountable for my supposed faux pas'.

just like the 'new light' on df'ing, where the elders are supposed to lighten up the length of the time some people are out of the borg....it's all worded like the elders have been doing it wrong and need correction when the original teaching was straight from bethel.

again, compare that to a person who acted the same way w/ double talking and not apologizing for when they error and that person is usually an abusive asshole.

oops, rambled. :)

• emptywords
    emptywords

maybe next year he (the speaker that touched the plate) may take of the plate,....spooky isn't it.

• Sasha
    Sasha

I was always taught in the "truth" that when they "stop preaching door to door" that would be the end of the system.

• SuzieQ
    SuzieQ

Stay with me here, but the JW/watchtower group has never said all the 144,000 heavenly chosen had been selected; have they? And if they still haven't be selected; how would this make door to door easier? Mostly people who come into the group are not of the 144,000 let alone the faithful and discreet slave class. I've been out for 11 years but this is my understanding. Please correct me if need be. SQ Calif. USA

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's another major shift in position after 70 years of holding fast to it. Once more we see that the FDS is totally unreliable in his doctrines even the most basic ones sooner or later are invalidated by the WTS itself. So who can believe any of their doctrines they are changing them every so often.

I used to think the anointed doctrine was meant to keep most JWs away from demanding a say on how the WTS is being run, if they are not anointed they are not qualified to meddle.

• coaster
    coaster

From suzy q---Stay with me here, but the JW/watchtower group has never said all the 144,000 heavenly chosen had been selected; have they? And if they still haven't be selected; how would this make door to door easier? Mostly people who come into the group are not of the 144,000 let alone the faithful and discreet slave class. I've been out for 11 years but this is my understanding. Please correct me if need be. SQ Calif. USA Poor SuzyQ. Yes since 1930-31 when da udda sheep were discovered, the door to heaven has been shut, or so we were taught. Unless of course an anointed went bad and one of da udda sheep was grafted onto the tree to replace him. Now the door to heaven is still WIDE OPEN. So service is easier since we dont have to convince people to give up their hope of heaven to live in paradise down here, because, heck, they already have the heavenly calling. still coastin--yes im in

• coaster
    coaster

actually SuzyQ, I forgot to agree with Greendawn, the door to heaven is open again so the GB can keep being ran by the EXCLUSIVE anointed, and not us udda sheep. Heaven forbid that to happen.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Hey Coaster,

I just learned that I made 143,999. So you are almost home free. This weekend should do it.

Joseph

• moshe
    moshe

I wonder what the record is for a JW to "fake it" and go through the motions of being a loyal JW - without leting something slip out and set off apostate alarm bells at the KH? Good luck, coaster.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit