Service is so easy now

by coaster 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• coaster
    coaster

I just KNEW the GB would find a way to keep on going when THE END never seems to come. Well, new light shining brightly we all recently learned that the 144k are still being selected. No more need to "graft" new ones onto the broken branch. We just have not been able to fill the order of 144k in the past 2000 years! Damn, someone is picky. This new light shows that 1930 was not the cut off for those going to heaven, but that some are still being called. This means............GREAT NEWS............nearly EVERYONE I have spoken with in the door to door work is of the anoited, because they sure insist they are going to heaven, and that makes my job sooooo much easier. At the rate I am finding them, I will probably have the 144k all filled up by the end of this year. So watch out. Yep, I'm still in.

still coastin

• Sassy
    Sassy

oh geeze

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    Yep, I'm still in.

Why?

• ex-nj-jw
  • Hermano
    Hermano

I think you make a good point. I know I spoke to some people out in service (back when I was still blind) who seemed very sincere in their love of God, but were convinced they had the heavenly calling and I tried to talk them out of it because I had the Truth and I wanted to get them out of Christendom. I may have even stumbled a few. I hope someone lets them know about this new light. I'm going to have a Rum and Coke to atone for my sins. May God have mercy on us all, and cheers!

• journey-on
    journey-on

Welcom, Coaster

No more need to "graft" new ones onto the broken branch.

What does this mean exactly? What is the broken branch and how were new ones "grafted". I don't remember this phrase.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Journey-on,

The best I can remember it:

The "tree" in the illustration (in one of Paul's letters) is supposed to represent spiritual Israel (a.k.a. the anointed ones). Originally, the invitation to be rulers in Christ's Kingdom was for the Israelites only. However, since they rejected Jesus, only a minority of the branches now on this kingdom tree are Israelite branches.

Paul goes on to explain that it was necessary for non-Israelite 'branches' (wild branches) to be grafted onto the kingdom tree, so that the full number of branches could be filled.

So the grafting was the expansion of this ruling class to include Gentiles.

• coaster
    coaster

Close Gopher, but no (tamalee?). Grafting on this spiritual tree is when one of the 144k falls away, or is lopped off (dfd). When that happens a new anointed one is "Grafted on" to the tree, replacing the one fallen away. Now the story is that no way so many of the 144k `would have been so unfaithful, and so of course since the GB ones are old as dirt, rather than us other sheep take over, the anointed are still being gathered. Wait a minute, I always like to fly, I think I just got the call.

• eclipse
    eclipse

LOL coaster! I like your tongue-in-cheek sense of humour

• Gopher
    Gopher

Coaster,

I was going with the context of what Paul wrote. From what I read there, the grafting had to do with Jewish vs. non-Jewish rulers in Christ's Kingdom. If the JW's want to apply it to 'faithful' vs. 'apostate evil slave' members well I guess that suits them.

Christianity must be really weak if, in almost 2000 years, they haven't yet come up with 144,000 people faithful enough to be rulers. Unless the 144,000 is viewed to be symbolic. Maybe the JW's will start to teach that the 144,000 isn't a literal number -- wouldn't that be a twist?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit