Do you like where you live?

by R.F. 57 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

It is hot and humid in the summer here.

The spring and summer are awesome

and I don't think I could live anywhere, that winter did not bother me.

I live in the bible belt, conservative, good ole boys mentality. I miss living in a more cultural mix, accepting of the differnces in people. It is growing and changing, and alot of people here are only experiancing this for the first time.

I think If I was a teen now in this area and not in the 70's I would look at things differently. If I could move away from here, I would in a heartbeat.

purps

• RAF
    RAF

in short: Yes

• oldflame
    oldflame

I live in California and it sucks here. I don't recommend anyone moving here. Politicians got this state really screwed up and I don't think it's ever going to return.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I really enjoy where I live. Houses aren't too pricey and it's CLEAN. Thats a hard thing to find in the city. As far as fun stuff to do it isn't New Orleans or anything but it's fun enough for what I like. The only thing that sucks is if your single. The dating scene is f'ng harsh here.

• knock knock
    knock knock

I live in Mexico now. It didn't use to be Mexico, but it is now. :(

Someone mentioned needing trees and mountains. Scenery would be really nice but I'm not sure I could do as well financially as I'm doing here in, ahem, Mexico. :)

• free2think
    free2think

I like where i live, it's very central and transport is very accessible but what i hate is.................that i see dubs everywhere.

• lavendar
    lavendar

No, we really don't like it here in the Mid-west. The people are WONDERFUL, but we can't stand the humidity and the snow/ice. We are dis-placed Californians, who moved here about 15 years ago. We would like to move back to the West; namely Southern Oregon (b/c there's NO WAY we can afford Southern California anymore). Do any of YOU live in S. Oregon? What do you like about it?.... what don't you like about it?

Lavendar

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I love it here in the suburbs just northeast of indy

• Sassy
    Sassy
    I live in California and it sucks here. I don't recommend anyone moving here. Politicians got this state really screwed up and I don't think it's ever going to return.

uh yeah..

actually I don't necessarily agree.. but it is a good cover.. we have too many people here already.. we need to move people OUT so we can lighten up the traffic load!!

• I quit!
    I quit!

I like where I live overall. But I also agree with Sassy that we have too many people here. If you want to send a politician from California into convulsions say the words "slow growth" or "green belt". The developers and politicians in this area slobber all over themselves whenever they see a vacant piece of land. All they can think about is how many people they can cram on it and how much money they can make off of them. They never think about the impact on the environment or the quality of life. I don't think I want to retire here. I want to go somewhere with less people and traffic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit