Do you like where you live?

by R.F. 57 Replies latest jw friends

• R.F.
    R.F.

No hurt feelings FadingAway, just kidding.

Snakes, I guess i'm like you. I consider myself a complainer when it comes to where I live, but I haven't really gotten out to do much honestly. Didn't really have much time to up until a couple of months ago. I'm just now really starting to.

• noni1974
    noni1974

I live in a nice suburb of Cleveland Ohio.I'm very close to Cleveland's downtown.Cleveland has a lovely art museam and a cool zoo.We also have The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame and Museam right smack in downtown Cleveland.Not to mention we have the Browns and the Cavs and the Indians.Cleveland is the home of Labron James.We also have Lake Erie.We have 2 amusment parks Ceader Point and Geauga Lake with in a half and hour drive.We have a House of Blues downtown.Tons and tons of cool things to do.The live music seen around here is great.I know this little hole in a wall bar that has a live Blues jam every Wensday.Tons of people come out to play and sing and jam together.

So yeah I like where I live.One of these days I'm going to take a "vacation" and go to all the places in town I want to see.The suburb I live in is a nice aera.It's very cool blend of young family's and seinors.It's very samll town and it's big city at the same time.We have tons of lovely older homes that are well kept.We have poor people and very rich people.Most are middle class.My town also has the reputation for being the gay capital of Ohio.It's supposed to be the San Fran of the mid west.All in all it's a cool place to live.

I also like my city because they have refused to let the JW's build a KH.How can they do that?Well my city has little to no land to build on.What has been built on in the last year has been used for housing.The JW's sold the local KH a couple of years ago because of black mold in the building.The WTS made them do it.Now they have no place to have meet in town and have to drive about 20 minutes away to another county to go to the KH.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I live in the southeast near Mickey Mouse central....It really gets old. Formerly from the Midwest. I miss the change of seasons but not the long winters.

It's hot, wet, humid and miserable until mid September then it's hot, dry, and miserable until November. From then on it's beautiful until May.

r.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I almost moved to Mickey Mouse central once.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It's ok, but I wish it was less hot in summer, less cold in winter, and less densely populated with idiots.

W

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

noni

I was in Cleveland a couple months back for work for about a week .

Well my city has little to no land to build on.What has been built on in the last year has been used for housing

I noticed this...and the funny thing was seeing neighborhoods that were really run down, then seeing a brand new fancy house in the middle of the ghetto. I was there when the 2 houses burned down...the TV news was showing aerial shots from a helicopter. started in one house, jumped to the next. The next day, I happened to drive right by that house. And I only seen one KH the whole time...

I did not get so see any real attractions. I did get to see the lake, but mostly I worked. I got to drive in a lot of neighborhoods. A young sister from my old KH is going to school at Case Western. I did like that residential area.

Would I live in Cleveland? No... I described it to my coworkers when I got back as "the armpit of the United States"...sorry to insult your city, maybe I did not get to see the nice areas

SnakesInTheTower (of the Traveling Sheep Class)

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I dig Lafayette. Not too big, not too small about 140,000. people.

Down town is fun, kinda like a mini 6th street in Austin.

I like my quiet back yard.

alt

And of course there are college girls

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Not a huge fan of this particular part of MI. And I'm not into lengthy winters. Seems like it's winter for 7 months out of the year here. That I could do without. Would like to and hope to experience SouthWest.

• noni1974
    noni1974

LOL it's ok Snakes.I don't live in Cleveland it's self.I live in Lakewood which is a inner ring suburb.It's on the west side of town.Lakewood is it's own city.It has it's own school system it's own police and fire.

I wouldn't live in Cleveland proper myself.I grew up in the ghetto.My Dad is still in the house I grew up in.The street is nasty and the houses are run down for the most part.

Lakewood has a small aera that's not so good but even there the houses are kept up and nice looking.Because the city of Lakewood doesn't play around and will hall your ass into court if your property doesn't meet city code.They even ticket people for letting the grass over grow.

The police are known as nazi's because they don't play games and will pull you over and then they call for back up.You'll end up with 2 too 3 cars behind you and in front of you while they call you in to see if you have any warents.They are hard on teens and inforce a curfew for teens all the time.If kids are found on the streets they are arrested and halled into the city jail where the parents are called and they have to bail the kids out and then show up in court.All in all Lakewood where I live is a safe nice city.

Cleveland is a hole.But it has some nice attraction for visiters.I wouldn't live in Cleveland it's self if they gave me a house for free with all utilitys paid for life.Cleveland is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

• manhasbecomelikeoneofus
    manhasbecomelikeoneofus

i grew up in canada (excellent schools, horrible health care, insane taxes) moved to england (excellent pubs and people, now a police state) moved to detroit (wicked music/night life, guns) then manhattan (super cool, expensive) and now southern california (unbelievable weather, stinky facist hippies). next stop...central america (super inexpensive, narco-gangs)! everywhere has its coolness and its downside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit