any tea drinkers

by BlackSwan of Memphis 58 Replies latest jw friends

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Look at Mighty Leaf on line. They have some specialty teas and are known for their high end leaf and bags. They also have some nice gift mugs and tea pots. The Aveda brand is called Comforting Tea - Reconfortant. If that helps at all. And it is suppose to be good for settling the stomach. However, if you drink too much of it, it goes the other direction. I learned that one the hard way.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

woooe! i don't think I've ever seen so much tea! Thanks Looking glass, and the warning is duly noted

tara: yeah I can see that. A few months ago I was out with some friends at a cafe for lunch (a very cool place that has a huge play structure for kids) and they had jasmine tea. I loved it, but my friends took one short whif and were completely turned off. It's like many things, each person is different and has different tastes, so to speak...

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi black swan - I just don't like herbal teas - taste like grass to me, except that I like mint tea - like the sleepy time tea. Good thing there's lots of variety, eh? Interesting there are so many tea drinkers out there - to me it is a necessity of life, whereas coffee is an occasional treat.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

hortensia, ahh right, sorry bout that. When I was posting I sort of just started thinking of all these medicine-y teas. I am pretty surprised by how much attention this thread has gotten! There are quite a few tea drinkers aren't there? I Do like coffee, but it doesn't work too well with my body if I drink too much of it, so that's why I drink tea. It works better for my bod.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I love the Celestial Seasonings teas. I basically quit coffee cold turkey (I was up to 3POTS of coffee A DAY) . I will still drink coffee (if it is good coffee) occasionally.

I have a cabinet full of CS teas, probably 15 boxes at least. My favorite right now seems to be: Mandarin Orange SpiceĀ® Herb Tea

CS makes over 300 kinds. A nice little factoid I learned when I toured the Celestial Seasonings tea factory in Boulder in July (just a few weeks ago). Too bad I could not take pictures or video...not allowed. Beautiful area there in Boulder, CO. I was able to get flavors I cant get at home, but did find out they will ship anywhere in the US. One of the new flavors is :African Orange Mango African Tea and it is especially good. All of the original artwork for the boxes is on display in their lobby. I did get to take pictures of those.

Someone mentioned Indian tea...I have had that in my travels abroad, but not here. I want to order some Morning Thunder..40mg/8oz...a pretty good jolt for tea. I think their highest caffeine content.

Here is a link to tips on proper tea brewing (no, I am not an employee or a schill for them, it is just good tea and good info. )

SnakesInTheTower (of the "love tea, drinks coffee occasionally" Sheep Class)

• Es
    Es

Thanks Black swan :)

es

• sparrow
    sparrow

I love green tea...aw shit...Got it mixed up with wine again. I love white wine because it looks like green tea.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

I love Redbush Tea from South Africa. It also comes in caffiene free vanilla, it's really nice. Damn now the yellow highlighter won't go away! It's good to see that one of South Africa's favourite is well recieved. It's also a very healthy drink. Many women here use it as a toner! It can be used to rinse a babies bottom between diaper change. We get it in all sorts of flavour. Peaches, Apple, Berries etc.

• calico
    calico

Calico: I know all of those but the last ones. Rose petal and jasmine spice. Are those two different teas?

The Jasmine Spice I buy at an organic food store--they have it in bulk so I am not sure if there is a brand name on the jar. Some of their teas have the name "White House" on them maybe the jasmine is from that company, too.

The Rose Petal tea I ordered from Simpson and Vail--- www.svtea.com/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit