any tea drinkers

by BlackSwan of Memphis 58 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

out there?

I am currently sipping on a green tea. But am partial to Celestial Seasonings Tension Tamer or ginger.

what's yours?

• poppers
    poppers

Earl Grey

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

down south it's sweet tea for me!

also while growing up in an East Indian household, I was pretty decent at making chai. I do drink it from time to time.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Poppers, oooh early gray I forgot about that one. Yummm.

Fading, I love a good chai. You mention you grew up in an East Indian household. I used to clean for a couple from India and she was always making spiced tea on the stove. It smelled so good! This was way before chai was so popular.

• free2think
    free2think

I love Redbush Tea from South Africa. It also comes in caffiene free vanilla, it's really nice.

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

Hey Blackswan, the way my mom taught me was to add a couple of cloves, a couple of cardamom seeds (I don't know if I spelled this right, so please be easy on me Terry!), and a stick of cinnamon in the water then let it come to a boil. Add a Tetly tea bag and let it steep for a few minutes, then add milk and let it come back to a boil and voila! You have FadingAway style chai!

• poppers
    poppers

I also like Good Earth Green Tea - its got lemongrass in it, which is what makes it good IMO.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Orange Pekoe, the forgotten. HOT hot water. Take the teabag out before adding milk. Tea-making is a lost art.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Free: I think I have some of that in my tea cupboard....pretty good stuff!

Fading: mmmmmmthank you!!! I'm going to pick up some cardamom from my local Cost Plus tonight and try it out. yum

• JeffT
    JeffT

I prefer black tea, made from loose tea. As an English friend pointed out a long time ago, tea shouldn't be wrapped in toilet paper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit