any tea drinkers

by BlackSwan of Memphis 58 Replies latest jw friends

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I drink lots of tea too - herbal as well as indian tea.

fadingaway

Hey Blackswan, the way my mom taught me was to add a couple of cloves, a couple of cardamom seeds (I don't know if I spelled this right, so please be easy on me Terry!), and a stick of cinnamon in the water then let it come to a boil. Add a Tetly tea bag and let it steep for a few minutes, then add milk and let it come back to a boil and voila! You have FadingAway style chai

I love chai tea - usually get mine from Starbucks -lol - but your recipe looks easy enough to try at home

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I drink tea everyday..multiple times, but I like old fashioned hot tea. Prefer Red Rose.

Leslie

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

leslie: I grew up on Red Rose. I still drink it from time to time. Especially when I want to start my little collection of Red Rose figurines

Qleaving: Yeah, I'm a starbucks person too. But I agree, that recipe doesn't look too complicated!

Smellsgood: You know, that's true about TJMaxx, Marshalls as well. I tried the White tea not long ago and thought it was not too bad. But I haven't tried the flavored ones yet.

Dove: I haven't had the jasmine green tea in a while. Good, but it gets strong if I let it steep too long. (too much caffeine eh? lol) I can't seem to get the tea balls to close well enough or maybe like you said the holes let out little twigs and stuff, lol. Whatever floats ones er tea ....

erandir: Yeah I do actually put the kettle on if I'm gearing up for a whole pot. Often though, I want a quick cup of green or tension tea and so will nuke it.

nrgnbk: Hmmmmmm yep, sure sounds like yer a tea guy!

ninja: lol, he brews. Very cute.

Iquit: Sheesh, your cupboard sounds like mine! I have tea all over the place, Celestial seasonings, twinings etc There's tea for every occasion and mood!

Hortensia: Ya know, I gotta say.....tea, especially some of the herbals, makes for great remedies. The tension tamer is a great tea for women during er monthly times . It has vit b in it, which is great for the tension. Also, there is a raspberry leaf tea I drink which is Awesome for that type of stuff.. Ok now that everyone knows about my personal life........

• greendawn
    greendawn

My favourite is green tea with Jasmine flowers or with bergamot which is like earl grey.

• wednesday
    wednesday

cardamom tea is so good. I brew black tea in a pot, and then add honey, milk, and the spice cardamom . sometimes I add ginger too. It is so good.

Starbucks makes a great chai and a lemon grass tea.

• Es
    Es

I love my earl grey tea

es

• calico
    calico

The Republic of Tea------Ginger Peach

Twinings------Earl Grey

Bigelow------Constant Comment

And so many others....................I get TEAsed about all the tea in my cabinet!

Oh! Have to mention Rose Petal and Jasmine Spice

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I generally drink loose leaf tea. I find the bags to lack a lot in flavor. I like Aveda Comforting tea which is licorice root and peppermint. I also like a loose leaf Ginger Chai that I get at Whole Food but I cannot remember the name of the manufacturer.

If I am out of my loose leaf I will drink Mighty Leaf tea - Green Tea or Breakfast Blend Americana.

What is interesting is that I like my coffee very weak with lots of cream and sugar but I love my tea very strong w/ nothing else in it (maybe a drop of honey now and again)

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Greendawn: hmmm all this jasmine green tea talk is causing a slight craving. And I don't have any on hand! :-(

Wednesday: Lemongrass and chai huh? Haven't seen that! Now, the thing is, I keep reading lemon grass and I have a huge lemon grass plant along the side of my house. I'm wondering if I can turn that into tea?

Es: Hello there dear (your avatar is so sweet, you and the little one) earl gray reminds me of when I was little and my mom would make it. That was a fancy tea to me. Special.

Calico: I know all of those but the last ones. Rose petal and jasmine spice. Are those two different teas?

Looking glass: I haven't heard of the licorice and peppermint, but for some reason the ingredients remind me of the tension tamer. That has a slight licoricey scent to it along with peppermint. I'll have to look for it. The ginger chai connection I'm seeing sounds really good.

I like a cappucino or latte. Lots of milk or cream, but no sugar. Now tea, I like both ways, but am more apt to drink it plain. If I'm having it with cookies or biscuits and jam, then I like a drop of cream.

• Tara
    Tara

I love tea...especially Earl Grey and Irish Breakfest Tea.

I have tried the herbal teas, but I don't like them. To me, they taste like you're drinking perfume.

I have never had chai, but that recipe looks good. I'll try it.I ced tea with rum sounds good, too. Gonna make that tonight and have it tomorrow. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit