Next FDS Stunt?

by sweet pea 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• icyestrm
    icyestrm

They need to replace the batteries in their flashlights to get some 'new light' otherwise they are and always been in the dark

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

New Light is a necessary evil for the JW leadership. It brings loads of criticism and can confuse many JWs who are not 'strong'. At the same time it can prove to be a great way to stir up energy in the faithful.

• Marcel
    Marcel

next stunt is new blood policy. they're preparing for this one since a long time. and they're quiet far already. blood is already nearly completely allowed. its just a small step, but will still be a risk. and it will take some more years. but it will happen. im sure.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Marcel, I'm not so sure. What's pushing them to change anything on blood? Conscience? Nah. I think the fractions thing was their full utilization of a loophole in their own policy. If small amounts of animal blood proteins in a vaccine was ok, then why not factor VIII for hemophilia? If that, then why not hemoglobin...etc? I can only hope you're right though.

WTWizard, nice imagination...but sounds wayy out there.

I think the obedience stuff is just standard operating procedure. No changes are made unless the status quo comes with an expiration date.

• emptywords
    emptywords

Many of the ones brought up in the religion have no idea about the beginnings of the org; they dont know all the phony prophecies the mistakes and other issues, to them the FDS is like God, and as the days get long this evil slave will continue to put the breaks on anyone that has new light themselves.

The org is no place for truth seekers or light followers, it has become an abode for the spiritually sick.

The FDS or GB have become so far removed from holy spirit that all it can do now is try and cover their tracks.

There can't be any new light they have no source to get it. All they can do is add more rules and regulations go a little light on mundane things so it looks caring and concerned while shackeling the flock to the tower.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

My Mom mentioned that at her DC the final speaker at the end of the talk said, "and next year....well we'll just have to wait and see!..." She said she felt he meant we were at the time of the end!!! Ha so it could be that they are going to change the 607 date and try to make 2014 the year to look forward too!

• heathen
    heathen

Yah it's probly about giving more to the WTBTS funds .You know they won't apologize but will more than likely demand more blind obedience and money . They do need money to pay off the child molestation suits . I am surprised they haven't built cult compounds since they are sooooo paranoid about what members do while not in the kingdub hall , I do keep expecting them to demand complete obedience in the area of donating everything you have and only keeping what you need for the day . which ironically would be what the first christian church did.

• emptywords
    emptywords

Heathen I tend to agree with what you say.

After being out for nearly 17yrs, when I came back I was distrubed at how many times I heard the obedience thing to the FDS, it was said at least once at every meeting, I also noticed a army like control thing and the b/s were like suspicious of everyone, this spy thing and the elders were like police they appeared, cant tell you how many times I heard "the society says" not just from the platform but in general conversation. Of course not all can see it especially being in the org without a break, its sneaky and the control thing has been suttle but its obviously chocking, the phoney love by many and the unconcern for one another really threw me, over those years the change was overwhelming.

On the money side we are always in defiicit, at every assembly they are in thousands of $ deficit, now have another contribution box makes three. Just recently been shown a DVD on how the society needs money to build more KH. At last yrs "Store up treasures in heaven" circuit assembly, money was mentioned often and supporting the world wide work with our worldy goods, and for the young ones to think about a future in pioneering, and on and on it went, instead of being encourage, felt like never good enough.

• heathen
    heathen

Yah I suppose you aint lived until you've seen those idiots get up in front of a congregation of window washers and janitors, demanding more money. Been there done that and got the T shirt. They built this new million dollar hall here in arlington and that's all they would do at the end of the month was work one guilt trip into another demanding people reach deeper and explaining what the contribution boxes were for , like gee they are bird houses that's it ....LOL I can't believe the money they deam to spend for an end of the world cult to feel they need new anything is about absurd . Yah the end will happen just after they clean you out of house and home .................... Not likely ...

• besty
    besty

Thanks for all your input so far everyone.

I am starting to wonder with all the posts regarding the Sept KM whether the FDS are about to make "Studying The Bible Independently/Setting Up Websites/Publishing Your Own Material" a disfellowshipping offence?????

I remember saying to a JW friend a few months that we were taking but wouldn't be stopping studying the bible - she wasn't too impressed.

If Ray Franz can get DF'd for having a meal with someone.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit