Next FDS Stunt?

by sweet pea 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quandry
    Quandry

Well, who knows? It does seem that they are full of surprises.

First, Garybuss was reporting here that they are slowly getting away from the use of Watchtower and just referring to themselves as JWs.

Next, of course, the WTS is beset by the lawsuit situation. Perhaps this is the reason for selling property.

Then, the change to the 30 minute public talk.

Last year, at the convention, they were all set into a frenzy when told they needed to exchange addresses and telephone numbers.

This year, higher education is bad, bad, bad....and beware the ever-present apostates on the computer. A crackdown has been enacted about talking to df'd or dissassociated ones.

Top this all off with the new "insider's edition" of the Watchtower magazine.

It seems the heads of many are spinning around trying to cope.

Then of course, there are those that accept whatever changes are made with no thinking needed.

• emptywords
    emptywords

Maybe it has something to do with what is coming up in the Sep; KM about personal bible reading and sharing and not to read up on history, or the learn languages such as Hebrew or Aramaic, this is what is being said. That in itself is heavy enough to make people want to question the borg, I hope they do it, because those that had doubts will probably walk, and it will create doubts in others, only the institutionlised and society b/s will stay, were in for some very interesting times ahead.

• emptywords
    emptywords

journey-on I agree with everything you have said... I have long believed that would get to the point of choosing between the WTBTS and GB and the christian congregation. I really think that their is an evil slave in the tower and a power stuggle is imminent. We just had a CD on all the African congo being built and they showed the poor b/s putting all they had in the contribution box's but of course wasn't enough to pay for the halls so those in the poor countries need financial help and assistance in building another 13,000 KH they need money, and volunteers, people with skills, another Con/box for this has been put in all KH world wide.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I have long believed that would get to the point of choosing between the WTBTS or GB and the christian congregation.

What? I don't understand. Are you thinking that the Governing Body is not part of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society?

Can someone explain this?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I didn't read all the posts carefully, sorry if I'm repeating something.

I see tithing in the future.

• emptywords
    emptywords

I have long believed that would get to the point of choosing between the WTBTS or GB and the christian congregation.

What? I don't understand. Are you thinking that the Governing Body is not part of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society?

Can someone explain this?

sorry meant and GB

• Arthur
    Arthur
    that Friday's DC talk about obeying/following the Faithful and (not so) Discreet Slave no matter what, is indicative of some dramatic stunt the FDS are about to pull.

Actually, this kind of rhetoric is quite typical - and quite old. As far back as Rutherford's era, the organization would churn out this kind of coercive language, with the exception that perhaps they used the word "organization" more often than the "Faithful Slave". The Watchtower's Stalin-style march formation; whereby all members are prodded to give allegiance to the heirarchy is nothing new. Neither are their shallow and transparent talks about "obedience". Rutherford was the grand wizzard of all of this "theocracy" flim-flam, and the current leadership is merely carrying the torch.

I don't think that there is always a corelation between the fact that the organization goes through changes (i.e. "new light", doctrinal switch-a-roos, restructurings, etc.) and the organization's "obey us no matter what" sloganeering. There are two very basic, fundamental characteristics of the organization:

1) It uses coercive language to keep it's membership in unanimity and conformity.

2) It changes it's teachings and policies on a regular basis.

It's like a dog that keeps rolling over in the grass. Eventually, it's going to roll over into it's own poop.

• watson
    watson

I see tithing in the future.

I think this is a real possibility. No "plate passing," but new light on the giving of our valuable things.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

How about this: There has been new light about higher education and the Internet. Until now, it has been sufficient to counsel people to be careful about these and leave it at that. But now, we have seen that these offenses are horribly serious. Anyone going to school after they can legally drop out, who has access to a computer and Internet, or that goes to a library is committing an offense for which they can get disfellowshipped. Anyone who currently works at a library (even as a window washer) or a computer service place has to quit at once and look for another job that will not involve them with this tool of Satan. The same goes for anyone working at a college, even as a janitor.

After that, they are going to make it a judicial offense to read outside newspapers, books or magazines; listen to real music or to the radio, watch TV, or go to a movie, play, or live performance of any kind. Anyone who works for a company that promotes media must quit, as must anyone that works at a retail establishment that sells newspapers, books, or magazines aside the Puketower magazines. Of course, the money you had been giving to the Tower must not go down any.

At some point, they are going to change the donation arrangement. There will be no collection plate. But, instead each publisher will pick up an envelope and write their names on it. In this envelope, all donations will go. Any donations that you put in without an envelope or with a blank envelope will not count. They will count this like they do service time now, and anyone whose donations are running below the national average as a percentage of what they feel you should be making will be hounded mercilessly about stealing. This will make extra work for the account "servant".

Ultimately, they are going to formalize a recapture program. Instead of disfellowshipping those for whom such would not be a hardship, they will drag such ones into the Kingdumb Hells and force them into a closed circuit. A host will be set up to make sure such ones do not stray again. All inactive and irregular publishers will be at risk, as will those who have committed sins that they can stop them from ever having a chance to commit again. Of course, those with a lot to lose will still get disfellowshipped instead. If a recaptured person becomes apostate or has turned apostate before getting recaptured, they will use extra force to make sure those ones cannot sabotage the Watchtower Society or the congregation. Such ones will never be able to do anything without the host seeing it and forcibly correcting it. (Hey, if Jim Jones can do it, then why wouldn't the Puketower Society come up with this harebrained idea?)

• ninja
    ninja

instead of tithing...there will be trithing....33% of your wages or else school 2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit