KM 09/07

by Philippus79 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

My German is quite poor, but a loose translation of the question is:

Does the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" approve of independent clubs/groups to find understanding on and debate Biblical themes?

The very first word in the answer is "nein", which translates to "no".

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Here is the link the the post where I put up my translation of this:

German KM Translated

• dozy
    dozy

How do they know whether the FADS "approves" or not? I'm not aware of any attempt to determine the opinions of the 8000 or so , according to the WTS definition of the FDS.

This is a clear rebuke to the likes of Greg Stafford et al.

Thanks for the translation - looks OK.

• Philippus79
    Philippus79

As I said in the original thread, I'm Austrian but live in the UK. I went again through Drew's translation and modified a few minor points: Here is my adaption of Drew's translation:

Question BoxDoes the faithful and discreet slave approve of Jehovah's Witnesses independently getting together to examine and debate Biblicial topics?

No. Nevertheless, some who are associated with our organization have taken it upon themselves to arrange meetings in order to independently examine Bible topics. Some are occupied with the Biblical Hebrew and Greek, in order to examine the accuracy of the New World Translation. Others investigate scientific topics which have to do with the Bible. Websites and chartrooms have been furnished so that opinions can be exchanged and debated. Also public conferences were held and books where published in order to supplement our meetings and study materials.

Gods people receive plentiful Bible training and encouragement through congregation meetings, conventions as well as publications from Jehovah's Organization. Jehovah ensures that all of his servants receive all they need under the guidance of the Holy Spirit based upon his word of truth, so that they all "may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought" and "built up in him and being stabilized in the faith" (1 Cor 1:10; Col 2:6,7) We are certainly grateful for all of the spiritual food Jehovah has given in these last days. Therefore the "faithful and discreet slave" does not approve of any literature, websites, or meetings not produced or conducted under its direction. (Matt 24:45-47)

It is praiseworthy that some want to learn more in order to help the spreading of the good news. But personal efforts should not divert away our direction from that which Christ Jesus provides today through his congregation on Earth. The Apostle Paul in the first century warned of laboriously bothering about “
    genealogies, which end up in nothing, but which furnish questions for research rather than a dispensing of anything by God in connection with faith ." As Christians we should “ shun foolish questionings and genealogies and strife and fights over the Law, for they are unprofitable and futile.” (Tit 3:9)

Anyone who wants to study the Bible in more detail individually can use books as “Insight into the Holy Scriptures”, “All Scripture Is Inspired of God and Beneficial” or consider other publications of ours that deal with prophecies in Daniel, Isaiah or Revelation. These publications contain more than enough material for an in-depth Bible study, by which we may be "filled with the accurate knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension, in order to walk worthily of Jehovah to the end of fully pleasing [him] as YOU go on bearing fruit in every good work. (Col 1:9,10)

Cheers, Mike

• White Dove
    White Dove

Thank you, Mike. How controlling of them! Anyone who has gone to college and had to write a paper knows about primary and secondary sources for research. The WTS is secondary or third-ary or forth-ary. Certainly, it is not primary, which is what college students are encouraged to try to find. Some primary info is impossible to get, so we must use a secondary source, which is usually someone else's research. Gotta be careful of other's research unless it is consistent with a few more researchers' findings. The best way to prove a source is to get a few together that have scientifically proven the facts and agree with each other. You can get closer to the truth that way. I'm thinking about the 587BC thing.

• metaspy
    metaspy

Here is the actual picture of the english version:http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/139148/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit