KM 09/07

by Philippus79 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Philippus79
    Philippus79

Hi!

Does anyone know or have a scan of the KM 09/07. In the german edition the question is raised and answered if the "faithful and discreet slaves" encourages biblestudy groups who study "deeper" topics. Obviously the answer is "no" don't do that the slaves feeds you more than enough.

I could do with an english copy. Cheers,

Philipp

• Sheri
    Sheri

I don't know of this but would be interested. When I called the society about the difference of 607 and 585/587 and asked if there was more direction for reading about this, I was told to send them a letter requesting more information and they would send it. I was dumbfounded of such a statement and asked are you saying you have more "food" but I have to request it. Upon which I was told it was only sent to those who dug deeper. I guess this is "special take out" than the regular food that the FDS provides the sheep. This made me sick and opened my eyes wide at the same time.

Peace & Love,

Sheri

• blondie
    blondie

When the great Apostasy hit in the early 80's at Bethel, there had been private groups that met with little said. But the so-called apostates arose out of these groups. The WTS clamped down on informal study groups everywhere and set down some unwritten rules that were enforced by the elders. No groups were allowed and groups were defined as more than 2 individuals or 2 families getting together to pre-study their WT or other assigned material. Research was addressed the same way, no more than 2. Enforcing it even further would be to discourage inviting people to your family study to encourage them and would kill all studies with non-jws and your children at home. Of course, this doesnt cover informal discussions or conversations with another person, so they can't stop the information flow. The WTS said they were worried that "unscrupulous people" would carry off the faithful after themselves.

Blondie (I remember it well)

• emptywords
    emptywords

don't know of this but would be interested. When I called the society about the difference of 607 and 585/587 and asked if there was more direction for reading about this, I was told to send them a letter requesting more information and they would send it. I was dumbfounded of such a statement and asked are you saying you have more "food" but I have to request it. Upon which I was told it was only sent to those who dug deeper. I guess this is "special take out" than the regular food that the FDS provides the sheep. This made me sick and opened my eyes wide at the same time.

Yeah right send them a letter asking and a return address, they would send a copy to local KH and you have would be questioned.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is just plain dumb. They aren't interested in answering your question, and in fact you would have had them send a duplicate to Brother Hounder who would have paid you a visit with two of his cohorts. They want you to just take their word about 607, and there is no way they would have sent you the actual truth about 587.

Here is an idea. Since the Watchtower Society won't answer this question with a straight answer, ask Google. If you put it into your search engine, you will get numerous answers. Try 607 BC, 587 BC, Ancient Jerusalem, and Destruction of Jerusalem in the search engine and see what comes up. If the majority of answers point to the destruction as 587, then there is a good chance that it was 587. And if all the answers that say 587 actually make sense, that greatly ups the odds in your favor. And you will not get a letter forwarded to Brother Hounder, and his cohorts will never know you used Google.

• metaspy
    metaspy

I haven't received my copy yet - but I do know (through some bethelites) that the Question box will be covering that subject.
    When it comes in, I will put a copy online.

• changeling
    changeling

Sheri: that just about says it all doesn't it?

Blondie: I remember that too.

The crackdown on informal group study was one thing, but if they come out and ban individual study of independant sources they will have people dropping out of "the truth" like flies. This could be a very costly mistake for them.

I for one, can't wait to get my hands on this KM. If this is true, I will milk it for all it's worth with my family. Heck, I might even go "dawg" on them!

changeling

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    When the great Apostasy hit in the early 80's at Bethel, there had been private groups that met with little said. But the so-called apostates arose out of these groups. The WTS clamped down on informal study groups everywhere and set down some unwritten rules that were enforced by the elders

My children were teenagers back then. Every Thursday at the meeting there would be an announcement about where the next group was goinng to meet for the study, and my children really looked forward to it. All of a sudden it stopped, and I didn't understand why. It wasn't until later I learned it was because of the Bethel apostasy.

A lot of teenagers started fading away from the congregation at that time. That could have been a contributing factor.

• Sheri
    Sheri

Metaspy,

I look forward to this KM, as a CO recently said the Society acknowledges the 607 vs 587 dates and I was surprised. I only knew of old 1955 short article acknowledging most of secular world believes the 586/587 dates. Will be interesting what spin they put on this more than the brother at headquarters comment that it's only 20 years and when I told him of the Babylon kings list from our own literature his only comment was that I was doing traditional math!!!

Will be interesting.

Sheri

• Philippus79
    Philippus79

Yeah, thanks metapsy!

The german edition definetly states that the FDS does not approve of such endevaours, groups, websites and chatrooms or even publications. One must not study ancient Hebrew or Greek for research reasons nor scientific or historuc facts!!! The article does speak about "Jehovah's Witnesses", not apostates or ex. Neither do they approve of meetings or pubs that are not conducted/supervised by them. "Gods people have more than enough spiritual food".. Unbelievable they move even further towards complete mind control.

Looking forward to see the English scan,

Philippus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit