Has Anyone in the History of JWD Been Shunned On The Forum

by BFD 58 Replies latest jw friends

• BFD
    BFD

Very interesting. Like I stated on his thread that I usually avoid his topics but it wasn't something I announced publicly until now. Richard please take no offense if you're reading this. I believe almost everyone here is trying to help you.

BFD

edited for terry:) (did I get everything?)

• erandir
    erandir

The thought has crossed my mind more than once, and although I am relatively new and haven't read too many of Richard's posts, it seems to me that maybe he is role-playing and that he sticks to a very tight pattern of posting. I find it hard to believe that anyone who has left the borg could really be of the mindset that he displays in his posts. I lean towards the idea that he is having a massive inside joke on all the rest of us and how perplexed some are, how annoyed others are, and how indignant yet others are (or some combination thereof). Anyone else share this notion? Or am I just way off-base?

Personally, I tend to enjoy his rather...different style...overly formal, gentlemanly, if you wish. But then, I tend to enjoy what different and interesting styles each and everyone who posts here brings to this board.

Also, in my opinion, shunning is one of the things that most of us on here despise the most about the borg. Why would we want to engage in that activity for any reason, other than obvious stalking, abusive remarks, or otherwise threatening posting habits?

• Marcel
    Marcel

theres nothing wrong with shunning as long as it is based on someones personal decision towards an individual and not on a dogmatic rule from a selfappointed authority.

• erandir
    erandir

Marcel,

That is a good point. I stand corrected and reminded that as a matter of fact, I am a bit hypocritical. Now that I think of it, I am reminded that I personally have chosen to shun a couple people from my old congo.

The bad thing about shunning, then, is when an organization directs its members to do so...and it also depends on the reason behind it as well. So if anyone on this forum would start endorsing or recommending that we all shun a particular person, that would probably be bad, wouldn't any of you agree?

I think that sounds better and is more what I was trying to say.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I shun all those shunning the shunned by those who themselves would be shunned were it not for the shunning of other shunned ones.

• BFD
    BFD

I'm not advocating that anyone should shun richard, just so you know. I was more wondering if it ever was a sort of "natural" occurence ever in the history of JWD. Where members just decide not to make replies to topics and the like. Not an official policy.

BFD

• free2think
    free2think
    I shun all those shunning the shunned by those who themselves would be shunned were it not for the shunning of other shunned ones.

Huh?

Now my head hurts.

• BFD
    BFD

Nvr- I want some of what you're drinking!

BFD

• exwitless
    exwitless

There are always going to be some posters who annoy, antagonize, and anger others. These posters intend to illicit an emotional response and enjoy getting people upset. They make themselves known, they post on about every topic just to have an opinion about everything (usually negative); they like to plow through as quickly as possible, like a tornado, leaving behind negativity in their paths. They feel on top of the world, until one day, they cross the line. They make overtly inflammatory remarks, send nasty PMs to people that disagree with them, and before you know it, they get deleted from the forum.

I've seen it happen. When I see this type of poster come on board, I just try to stay out of the way, so that they arrive at their final destination more quickly. This type will always do themselves in, without any help from the rest of us. (In fact, there's a current, albeit newer, forum member who I feel is on this path. We'll see what happens.)

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

I've done it. (not to Richard)

I find the reverse-racist attitues of a particular poster to be over the top and I avoid topics from that poster.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit