What is the NEW BUZZ in the Org?

by Save My Soul 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I hear many JW boards use the term "Active Apostate". Dubs are not creative, so it must come from the hall.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The new buzz?

That ship is goin' down!

I hear people in thier 30s and 40s saying openly that the "end" might not come in their lifetime.

Hard to keep the soldiers in line with that attitude.

• Flash
    Flash

The GB is causing the WTS to 'run in place.'

No real progress just Distraction Tactics and Damaged Control.

...The Master is coming.

• TheListener
    TheListener

The witnesses I still keep in some contact with talk like this system could go on for a long time. They've lost their sense of urgency. For many it seems that the religion has become more about routine and less about impending armageddon.

• jgnat
    jgnat

They are slowly changing the magazine distribution runs, replacing them with flyer blitzes. No time to talk or knock, just put the flyer in the box. They've done it now three times in two years, I believe. (Invitation to the convention every year, and the horrible lightning flash flyer last fall).

Doom and gloom? They still market that heavily.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    Can't wait to read the doom and gloom in the new "members only" Watchtower. 2008 can't get here fast enough.

You will be required to wear one of these in order to recieve proper spiritual direction, from the new "Members Only" Watchtower collection!

• Highlander
    Highlander

I hear people in thier 30s and 40s saying openly that the "end" might not come in their lifetime.

My brother is in his 20s and he has openly stated that he can see himself being 70 or 80 when the 'end' arrives.

He's also conceded that if the 'new system' isn't here by the time he's 30, then he will start saving for retirement.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul
    He's also conceded that if the 'new system' isn't here by the time he's 30, then he will start saving for retirement.

It is scary that your are ENCOURAGED NOT to save for retirement or get an education.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

My brother is in his 20s and he has openly stated that he can see himself being 70 or 80 when the 'end' arrives.

Exactly, Highlander. Where's the motivation to do more? You can only cry wolf so many times.

The publishers are tired and disappointed. They actively roll their eyes at much of what they read and hear from the Watchtower. I did when I was an elder. So did all my friends. It's all a freaking joke.

• Highlander
    Highlander
    They actively roll their eyes at much of what they read and hear from the Watchtower.

I do agree with you on this, but not in the case of my brother or my mom.

They are both fanatics. Despite what my bro has stated, he is still a hard core believer and is expecting the big A to happen at any moment. I can only imagine the internal conflict that must run through his mind as he plans for retirement while expecting jehovah's wrath to peek it's ugly head around the corner.

ah, the joys of being a j-dub!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit