You Need To Give Credit To The Society For Your Education

by The wanderer 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Paksen
    Paksen

What I do give the society credit for is my ability to question. And not take whatever I am told as "Truth". And to that I am truly thankful!

Paks

• White Dove
    White Dove

High school and college teach the same things.

• White Dove
    White Dove

...and you can use HS and college to support yourself! Imagine that! Can't get a useful degree from studying 1914 or Revelation in the khall.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

excellent point White Dove

• White Dove
    White Dove

Log onto the United Nations site and you can make tons of great presentations (secular talks) with the info found there. I am a terrible sales rep who never became a sales rep, so I guess I could say that I didn't learn anything whatsoever about public speaking that my one semester college class in speech taught me. I got a 'C' in speech.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Basic education teaches a person to read - ie Watchtower Education

Advanced education teaches a person to think, question and evaluate - Definitely not Watchtower Education

Watchtower 1983 January 15 p.22 Avoid Independent Thinking "[Avoid]… questioning the counsel that is provided by God's visible organization

Watchtower 1967 June 1 p.338 "In Jehovah's organisation it is not necessary to spend a lot of time and energy in research, for there are brothers in the organisation who are assigned to that very thing…"

• JeffT
    JeffT
    The Watchtower and Awake magazines have been helping individuals receive a G.E.D
    or high school diploma.

Not me. It did, however help me avoid getting a Master's degree.

Where did you learn the art of public speaking?

Bellevue High Schoo

Discipline and study were always the primary foundations of the organizations apart from
    the field ministry.

That's news to me. I got a lot more study and Discipline from Washington State University, which I attended before I ran into you guys, and Trend Business College, which I attended against the counsel of the local elders.

If you followed the counsel from the Society, you and your children should have excelled
    in the art of speaking, studying, responsibility and discipline.

Maybe, maybe not. I'd be a lot better at running a floor waxer these days if I stuck with the WTBS education program.

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear Trevor:

I am experimenting with a different approach on asking
    questions. I am making the questions upfront and
    personal because they represent a certain reality.

Does it make individuals uncomfortable? Yes, but it
    get individuals talking and thinking and not acting
    on pure emotion.

The perspective is a different one I will admit, but
    if individuals feel it is very harmful to consider
    another side of a possible reality I will resign
    from posting reality questions.

Sorry, if you have been upset by the approach.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Hey now,

My daughter is home-schooled and is quite accomplished. Let's not bash home-schooling.

As for credit to the WTS for my education, that is patently absurd! They write at an eighth grade level, and poorly by THAT standard! They seek to socially and intellectually retard the development of their often unwitting victims to ensure they lack the ability to break free.

Anything of value I ever learned or accomplished was IN SPITE OF the abusive and demeaning 'education' I received from the Witchtower Babble and Trick Society

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Trevor said, "There is something disturbingly greasy about your approach to people’s emotions and the life changing experience they have been through."

Wanderer's threads have made me uncomfortable and Trevor hit the nail on the head. Wanderer, I wonder if you just like to stir the pot to see people get upset? What's your point?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit