We Are Dying!

by WeAreDying-Ophelia 70 Replies latest jw friends

• WeAreDying-Ophelia
    WeAreDying-Ophelia

Hello,

This is my first post and might be my only post, not sure. I've chosen to "come out" for a moment just to talk about the 30 minute change in the public talk on Sundays.

My father and brother are both elders, this change was a blow to them they enjoy giving encouraging public talks to the friends. 30 minutes is too short and more like a church sermon, I think.

I love my faith, I love my friends so please don't think I'm out or anything, I just don't understand all these changes.

Anyone here still in and wondering like I am? If so, have you heard anymore about this from the elders in your hall? Several of us are feeling that the Society is out of control. What that means we don't really know except that all we can do is wait and hang on to one another.

My congregation is dying and we are not the only ones.

O.

(my real name is not ophelia)

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

Welcome to the board. We do hope you will stay.

I've been out for too long to have a meaningful comment on things at a Kingdom Hall, but I just wanted to welcome you.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Welcome to JWD,

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but the whole religion cult is a farse! Noth'n true about it!

Hopefully the whole thing will crumble, hang around you might just learn something about the WTBT$

nj

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Anyone here still in and wondering like I am?

Yes. I was an elder and saw it up close and personal years ago.

First the idea that you expressed here today was subconscious for me. Then I started realizing it on a conscious level. Yes you are right, the org is dying. The young are leaving and the old are leaving the race. How can this be? Millions then living were to never die!!! Now almost all of them are dead.

It is sad. I could not stay and give my life to a dying org. esp after learning the truth.

Best of luck to you.

• changeling
    changeling

Welcom "O"!

I'm glad you are here, though I'm a little confused as to why. My instincs tell me that anyone who comes here is "on the way out" on some level, whether they realize it yet or not.

Yes, the Society seems "out of control", and it's not just lately. They are openly and consistently contradicting themselves (i.e. blood fractions). They are in fear of education and of the internet because an informed witness is a non-witness.

I was raised a witness and was "in" for many years. Close family members were and/or are elders. My family has many close ties to missionaries. I've seen it all. And now I'm here.

Stick around and learn what we know. It will shock you. It will hurt. But in the end, you will feel more at peace and free than you ever have before.

Sincerely,

changeling

• carla
    carla

I hate to sound disrespectful to you but your comment, 'My congregation is dying and we are not the only ones. ' is music to my ears!

As for the changes? What this surprises you? You really need to research all the changes that have gone on this org. If you are a bible believer I think you would come to the opinion that there is no way this org is from God. If you have the 'TRUTH' it should certainly be able to withstand scrutiny. You should do what you ask others to do at the doors, investigate your religion and keep asking questions until you get satisfactory and biblical answers.

All the best to you on your journey.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    30 minutes is too short and more like a church sermon, I think.

I've never been to a 30 minute church sermon. They are always way to long just like a KH talk.

Oh...and welcome.

lisa

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Anyone here still in and wondering like I am?

Yes. I was an elder and saw it up close and personal years ago.

First the idea that you expressed here today was subconscious for me. Then I started realizing it on a conscious level. Yes you are right, the org is dying. The young are leaving and the old are leaving the race. How can this be? Millions then living were to never die!!! Now almost all of them are dead.

It is sad. I could not stay and give my life to a dying org. esp after learning the truth.

Best of luck to you.

See what's so odd about this, Ophelia?

What I've quoted above is from IP_SEC. We're about the same age. Other than that, different backgrounds completely.

Ditto all of it for me. I was a young, energetic elder. Loved, in the beginning, to give talks. I really cared.

Now, I'm thoroughly convinced that it was all an illusion. I allowed myself to be duped. I never received any answers to my troubling questions. Only a hollow "Where else will we go?".

Keep searching for the reality of things.

Best wishes,

nvrgnbk

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hope you'll hang around, WDO. You might find solace here, even though in the storm of the KH.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I recommend a few books:

Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz

and Combating Mind Control by Steven Hassan

wac - Former Elder, Former Bethelite at JW Headquarters Brooklyn New York

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit