For the old timers

by ShirleyW 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

Thanks emptywords, I'm all too familiar with it, just wanted to see what someone would give for an answer.

if you ask me.. it also is a way of making sure the woman knows her place...

and a lower level than a man

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm amazed that society hasn't picked up on the headcovering thing and started manufacturing official WT headcovers for the rank and file. Wouldn't cost much to produce, they could charge a nice price and make a healthy profit.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

OK, here is the official policy:

If a baptized man is present, he must should the prayer.

If an unbaptized man is present, then the woman should pray, but she must have a head covering, on account of the angels.

If a baptized man is present, but for some reason cannot say the prayer (perhaps his head was stuck up his ass or some such thing), then the woman can pray, but she must have a head covering.

If no men were present, the women could pray all they wanted with nothing on their heads.

The head covering can be anything. A hat will work, but if there are no hats, then anything at all will suffice - handkerchief, ash tray, coaster, etc.

For some reason, everyone always seemed to use a napkin. I personally saw my mother use one. Did no one have a hat back then? Or, were women making a statement by using something preposterous?

Now, I'm not sure why the presence of a penis made such a difference to the angels. Even a baby boy would be cause for scurrying for a hanky.

• blondie
    blondie

Case where woman prays with headcovering when baptized male present, if he is on restrictions and cannot pray for the group.

Blondie

• PEC
    PEC

Oh the mammaries .

Philip

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I don't remember any sisters conducting book studies. BTW, how could you ever conduct a bookstudy without a penis.

I just don't understand??

However, I remember sisters carrying the microphone. This had to be in the early 60's. But that makes sense; the microphone is a phallic symbol and should appropriately be carried by a female.

• blondie
    blondie

Even in recent years, we found sisters "conducting" book studies, usually in remote areas that had not yet made the "need is great" list or no one responded. I remember one time only sisters showed up and no brother, they just had the study anyway, too late to drive over to another one.

But they don't "teach" just moderate.

Blondie

• Sassy
    Sassy
    Case where woman prays with headcovering when baptized male present, if he is on restrictions and cannot pray for the group.

I always felt bad when you were with a small group and only one brother was in the room... He looked humiliated when a sister would pray... and even though he might be on private reproof.. well now EVERYONE knew he was being reproved..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit