For the old timers

by ShirleyW 27 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

My mother was a bookstudy conductor and the "account servant" in the early 60"s.

changeling

• emptywords
    emptywords

Had an anointed sister conduct bible study in her lounge room because the brother never showed up at the hall, so seven sisters and a unbaptized young brother went to her place, she put a hate on and of we went.

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Somebody PLEASE tell me what the head covering is supposed to do for God.

• JK666
    JK666

Yes, my older sister conducted one. She wore a Kleenex on her head when she did.

I conducted one after I got baptized at age 13. This was before the "Elder Arrangement." Ah, the bad old days!

JK

• JK666
    JK666

Re,

At least the adhesive strips would have helped keep them on.

JK

• emptywords
    emptywords

Somebody PLEASE tell me what the head covering is supposed to do for God. Suppose to show respect for the headship arrangement, and the angles.

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Thanks emptywords, I'm all too familiar with it, just wanted to see what someone would give for an answer.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, I lived in a time and place where there were few "qualified" men. A sister "conducted" with headcovering, sitting on the same level facing the group, merely asked the question, called on people with hands raised. She said the opening and closing prayers. She asked no additional questions before or after the comments, no introduction or summary of the material either.

Put more pressure on the group to answer and participate.

Blondie

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Hell, we had a female servant in our hall.

In the spanish congo they had a sis accounts servant until they took the title from her, she kept doing the accounts up intil the late 80s because there were no bros in the congo that could do it.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Even within the rigid and highly standardised JW world there are differences in the way they approach some issues in different regions and countries though the latter may not be easily known to us because the info we get here is almost exclusively from English speaking countries that have a similar cultural background.

Even within th esame countriy some congos prefer to see their youngsters going to university some don't, likewise some don't mind beards some won't tolerate them. In some countries with strong family ties ex JW family members are not shunned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit