THIS IS MY STORY (And I'm Sticking To It)

by snowbird 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I loved your story, and you leave room for a positive happier ending than you
    already have now. Thanks for writing.

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914

Thanks for sharing your story Snowbird. I, too, am not Df'd and have not Da'd but gag every time I hear FDS. I still go to the occasional Sunday mtg with my JW wife.

I also have reservations that the internet is going to bring down this cult. There are too many brain-dead people who choose to believe the FDS myth and are willing to fork over their hard-earned cash to keep this beast afloat. Ultimately, Christ will judge all those who claim to represent him.

Skeptic1914

• willyloman
    willyloman

Snow: Thanks for sharing your story. Beautifully written.

It was scary at first, but at the same time liberating. Now I understood why I had been plagued by such recurrent doubts. This was not the Truth and had never been the Truth.

That's how it was for me, too. Same process. I often use the word "liberating" to describe my own journey out of the dubs.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Good for you, Snowbird. I'm glad you're able to get your daughter to go to school instead of pioneering. Maybe you can also insist that she sign up for a comparative religion course and/or some philosophy. That might get her into questioning mode. Best wishes to you and her! It is very cool that you learned to read from the coffee can. A story that's good to the last drop!

• emptywords
    emptywords

Hello snowbird I really loved youre stroy, you show a strong and good spirit.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Great story Snowbird, have been waiting to hear it for quite some time. You are an inspiration. Congratulations on being true to yourself. Isn't freedom wonderful?

• jgnat
    jgnat

You've come a long way, lady! Thank you for sharing.

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

Thanks for sharing Snowbird...I know where you're coming from because my fathers family were sharecroppers when he was growing up. I live in south Alabama (Covington County), so I'm not too far from you!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thank you Snowbird. Here's to hoping that your college-child gets it figured out before she graduates.

Jeff

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hey Snowbird,

Thanks for finally posting your story. It was "good to the last drop".

Your daughter will THANK you someday for steering her toward college. My dad (a JW elder) steered me toward technical school, which was better than "nothing" like the circuit overseer and his wife were trying to push. I am glad for that, although I now wish I had the opportunity for college at that age.

I know you have more stories to tell. Please do share them with us sometime!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit