How Would You or Did You Leave The Organization??

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Started fading a couple years ago after two other failed attempts to fade. Moved to a territory where nobody knows me. I haven't been to a meeting since. I got visited by the elders a couple of times in the previous territory, but they left me alone after they were unable in three visits to convince me it was the truth.

• exwitless
    exwitless

We faded for awhile, but at first it wasn't with the eventual goal to leave permanently. We just simply got TIRED. Tired of 3 meetings a week when we both worked our butts off; tired of field service, which was the biggest waste of time EVER. Tired of nothing being good enough, of the rules, regulations, 'do this', 'don't do that', and so on. I think Little Drummer Boy had more reservations about beliefs and things than I did early on. (He can partly thank the History channel and Discovery channel for enlightening him about how backwards the WT's thinking is.)

So one day around Feb. or March '06, LDB and I were having a casual conversation about our feelings about the society. It turned into a 4 hour discussion which pretty much ended in our joint decision to DA. But we had to wait a little while until LDB could quit his cleaning job, because it was under the contract of an elder. So from Feb. until September, we knew we were going to DA, but we couldn't yet. It was kind of torturous, because we had already DA'd in our minds, but we couldn't officially DA. The more we stayed away, the more the elders would pester us. Every blasted weekend, we'd hear the sounds of a minivan pulling into our driveway, then a gentle tap on the door. At first, we'd answer and talk to them, but we never let them come in. They weren't invited to begin with, so they didn't need to be let in. So we'd stand outside in the hot sun or in the rain.

Eventually, we began to tire of their harrassment. The phone calls and univited visits were escalating. They were leaving books and mags in the door, open to titles like "Have You Left Jehovah?" (Yeah, real nice.) They were calling to ask if we would study with them to 'renew our love for the truth'. We quit answering the door and phone. I began to feel imprisoned. Finally, LDB was able to quit his cleaning job, and therefore cut the final tie we had with the borg. So, without further delay, we sent our DA letter by mail on Sept. 10, 2006. From that day on, it has been completely silent. No more visits, no more phone calls, no more looking over our shoulders. I'd DA again in a heartbeat if I had to do it again.

• fedorE
    fedorE

Doubted it at age16. Kept it to myself for 6 more yrs reading everything i could. Was MS and about to be appointed Elder when i read In Search of C Freedom. Boom! Sent letters to everyone in my congregation. Put questions in local paper. Mailed questions to family members. Was in service and put a JW on the spot in front of a bible study. Got interviewed for tv JW program. Put doubts in mind of elders who came over to help me. Sent letters to Bethelites. Ex wife found letters told elders. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but

Wish i hadnt ..wish i faded away.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Got a full time job in I.T., faded, and moved out of state. I currently live in a gated community with a nice no soliciting sign.

• tremoka
    tremoka

Couldn't do it anymore. I just couldn't do it. So I stopped thinking I'd just take a breather and get back when I had the strength. Then I read a psychology book for Women's Sciences that said No religion should hold a woman back as a second class citizen, degrade her, or hold her back in her pursuit of carreer or in looking after her needs. The light bulb went on in my head. Also my husband was raised a JW and he had many issues and I attributed most of it to his upbringing in the org. Emotional suppression, living based on appearances, double life style, etc. I did not want this for my kids and I saw I was instilling some of these very things in them.

I remember vomiting when I first started my research on the WTS. I quickly found I wanted NOTHING to do with this religion anymore. I continued to educate myself on mind control groups and the lies of the WT. I took time mending and healing.

My hubby and I would always talk about things we didn't agree with or like in the org. Then he read CoC and now we are planning our break. Deeply considering the best way of going about it for our circumstances! We will RESIGN I will call it. But it still may be some time until we have our affairs in order!

Never been happier! Life is amazing now that we don't have to contend with all the burdens and weight of JW living and expectations!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well if I had the balls - slow fade I think- though I wish I had the class to do it like Little Toe

• emptywords
    emptywords

With the amount of DA letters and other letters sent to the WTS or GB about why b/s are leaving leaves nothing for them to conclude. I think that WTS would notify congregations of the growing problems with ones leaving because of the UN and child abuse cases and failing dates ect, and probably disguise it to look out for those asking questions and complainers, apostates. elders will believe just about anything the society says.

One elder actually bought up about UN and said it was nothing and that a lot of lies were told. Another witness said they didn't realise what they were doing at the time and as soon as they found out, they left it. and the lies go on and on.

• moshe
    moshe

I left fairly quickly once I made up my mind and I did not go quietly. It has been almost 20 years and I think the mention of my name at my old KH would still ruin their happy thoughts.

• emptywords
    emptywords

the overall actions of society and elders sometimes mirror alcoholic behaviour, whether they drink or not.

So true the lunatics are in control of the assylum. Their drunk on their own power.

• return visitor
    return visitor

I faded quickly, after finding out about the UN and a few other things I wrote the society after going to an elder who had never heard of it and had no answers. After receiving the letter from the society which answered none of my questions, and justified the actions of the society I knew my time going to meetings was quickly comming to an end, then the Question from Readers which said the annointed had no special access to God. So we are listening to men, no two ways about it, from their own literature. So i decieded that, as the bible says, i need to work out my own salvation and i can't rely on men to do that for me.

RV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit