How Would You or Did You Leave The Organization??

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

By choice, with a little help from the elders, faded slowly, disassociated???? How'd you get out?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I did the slow fade. It took over five years but it's worked and I have my immediate family intact and cult-free. However, knowing what I do now I wouldn't do the same thing again. I'd dissassociate and cut the ties quickly - if painfully.

Just me.

• changeling
    changeling

Raised "in". Always had lingering doubts about inconsistencies and such, but strong, active witness nonetheless. Found out about the UN/NGO connection. Did research. Saw the light. Stopped all FS (not wanting to deceive others). Started missing meetings. Within 10 months completely faded. Happier than ever.

changeling

• DJK
    DJK

I was there on Thursday and didn't go out for field service on Saturday. That's all folks!

• journey-on
    journey-on

It was a process for me. I look back now and I can almost put it together like a puzzle.....an inadequate answer from an elder to a question I had....the feminist movement made me squirm at the "be in subjection to your husband" mentality...wanting to see R rated movies because some of them were speaking to the currents flowing within society and I was interested in that.....wanting my children to experience the freedom to think and express themselves without fear....and STUPID doctrines! I faded quietly.

• minimus
    minimus

There are a lot of faders, I think. It must kill the Society to see everyone just upand leave.

• BCberean
    BCberean

I wasn't home for my Friday bible study...when I did get home...there was a container of raspberries left for me....it took a lot of time to pick those raspberries.

I dread hurting the sweet 90 year old lady who was my 'return visitor ' for ten years before I started bible studies aprox 2 years ago....

.the rasperry people will be a challenge also...but I kinda have been losing respect for them....I still can't believe they didn't know about the UN-NGO issue..because he is an Elder

.I ALSO can't believe they would lie.

I'm not out

I'm not in

• changeling
    changeling

BCB: The elders don't know because the society has not told them. Unless they disobey direct orders they are not going to do research on the internet that would lead them to this info.

Would they lie? Heck yeah! They are not about to blow their cover.

Get out while you can.

changeling (of the stolen childhood class)

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

"Relocate, didn't ask for card to be forwarded" fade.

When I moved back to the area, the elders were 99% sure that it was in their best interests to leave me alone, and I wouldn't get the CO on their case, spread the "Truth" about the truth, etc.

Anyone who can move away to fade, do it that way. It is by far one of the cleanest ways. In the new community, you can tell the people going door-to-door to KYA, or talk to them, or whatever. You can attend occasionally as an "interested person," etc. You have more options.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

I was raised in it, and escaped at 16 when I moved in with my mother. The only thing that stopped me doing it before was my age. I was never baptized, so I didn't have that burden.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit