WT + Awake Update - restrictions

by stillajwexelder 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul
    And they still don't see the conection between secrecy and being a cult....

I found out when I saw all of the styrofoam cups of Kool Aid.......something is kinda strange here. I only took one sip...ok, maybe two

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Our KM was handed out by the bookoverseer.

Sometimes I got it on time and sometimes I did not.

One time I went about 3 mos without one and was reg at meetings.

I said ......Are you trying to tell me sowething?

purps

I was once irregular for the book study for 2 months. They did not hand me the KM. I called the elder in charge of the service meeting, and sternly asked to be taken off the list of talks..... He wanted to know why? I said "I cannot do KM parts without the KM!". At the next meeting He and the book study conductor were trying to kiss my arse

• JK666
    JK666

THe "Flood sale" will be a buyout on the pedophilia cases.

JK

• sandy
    sandy

Do they they'll be able to control whose hands their information reaches? In this day and age! That is funny. Stilla is already setting up his fax machine . . . LOL

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I think many are making too big of a deal over the new arrangement for the "members only" and "public" versions of the Watchtower .

This is no different than the Kingdom Ministry. Only baptized people technically get those. However, the information is readily available for anyone that wants it. It is even included on the Watchtower CD (ok, ok, that is not for the general public either but easily accessible).

If anyone wants to know what information is in the New Watchtower or even the Kingdom Ministry, he simply needs to attend the meetings. It is a public place.

At the company I work, the employee manual is not given to the general public but only to employees. I wouldn't consider the manual to be full of secrets since you are free to take it home and then anyone in your family or friends could have access to it. However, it is still just for employees.

Information that I would consider really restricted would be the elders only stuff, like the Flock book and the letters from the Society the CO brings for the elders to read. The New Watchtower is certainly not in that category, just not to be offered to the public on a standard basis.

Rub a Dub

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

hey, maybe the Borg will publish the WT in some sort of hidden funky font (you know, the letters in red, with all kinds of other psychedelic colors over them) and at the Watchtower Koolaid Study, theywill hand out those funky glasses that make the words pop out at you (so then the words are visible). Before you leave, you have to hand the glasses back in. No more studying for the KA study ahead of time...just go and get you rmind control there...no meditating independent thinking on the Bible KoolAid articles.

Choosing life...you are right...they are anal about the Pioneer book too... At my pioneer school, they said we could "share points" from the book, but not to let anyone read the book/not loan it out...more incentive for them to pioneer at least a year and go to school and get their own...guess its not too special if anyone could see the book.

I still have not gotten my June and July km. I havent been to a Service Sales Meeting since May....I keep asking my BS conductor for my copies..he keeps forgetting....I will be pissed if they give me a photocopy.....I have never had a photocopy. And I guess August is due soon. Why do I bother? Cause I still have my extensive library that goes back to the 50's in some cases (which I can look up things like the 1969 Awake about "young ones never growing old in this system"..convenient that 1969 Awake is not on the CD) that I can show doubters from the Borgs own publications.

I am sooooo looking forward to the new WT.....or not

SnakesInTheTower (of the "tired of the games" Sheep Class)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

What they are doing is isolating the general public from the core of the WTS's teachings... basically creating a two-tier system. One is nice and pretty for the general public and the other is more "secret" and "prepared for the more spiritually mature" people who are able to stomach the real behavior and teachings of the WTS.

• The first Public Tier of information is designed to appeal to non-believers and to present a warm and fuzzy image in order to attract new members.
    • The second Secret / Internal Tier of information is designed to control and indoctrinate those who have joined the religion cult. The WTS will say it is designed for the "more spiritually mature" because if the general public were to read the information they would instantly recognize it as crazy and cult-like and would never join the religion cult.
    The two-tier religious structure is a classic symptom of high-control cults whereas mainstream religions are far more open and honest with the public.
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

So much for the "FREEDOM of the Sons of God," eh?

This is the emblem of the East German Secret Police - the STASI.

I'll bet some of you graphics geniuses can adapt it for the WTB&TS & Theocratic Warfare.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

How about a scan of that KM?? Stillexjwelder please be ready to scan than Jan 15/2008 as soon as you get it. Hey GB, more apostates are going to study the Kool-aid edition than Witnesses will.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Actually, I think this is a brilliant strategy move for the WTS.

This will separate the hangers-on from the go-getters!

Just think-they could take roll at each meeting to determine who is regular and who is a whiny irregular, dead wood pain in the rear seat warmer.

Those that are irregular would of course, not get a copy of the "inner circle" WT article, since they are obviously unworthy. They can of course, sit and receive "crumbs from the table" as they listen without reading. All will see who these weak ones are-they do not have a WT!!

Those who are not the cream of the crop, those who are not contributing money, those who take up valuable air conditioning and heating and use the toilet paper and water in the restrooms will gradually realize they are no longer welcome when they are not given the "inside edition" of the WT.

This will "streamline" the organization. They always say "quality not quantity."

Welcome the "new light!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit