WT + Awake Update - restrictions

by stillajwexelder 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

New information from Jehovah God will be in the form of symbols and signs conveyed via revelatory visions which only the faithful and discreet slave will have to "power" to decipher. Once decoded, the information will be presented in the kool-aid edition of the Watchtower.

There's nothing like being on the cutting edge of specially prepared "new" light.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Seems as if it's being done to give those still in, the illusion that only they are privy to special knowledge. Not trying to keep any secrets from the public or the outsiders, as most don't wish to hear what they have to say, anyway, but to make them feel uniquely priveliged to have the channel of God's only organisation on earth, an exclusive right that's all thier own.

It'll also reduce expenses for literature that goes without being placed. Reduce the paper and we can eliminate a lot of waste. How many magazines are they really placing? Most I see are just left in areas where they can be picked up and hopefully, someone will read them. The human connect appears to be lost.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Could it be that they cut the "public" talk to 30min to re-introduce a break so that those not having the internal watchtower can leave?

• Arthur
    Arthur

This is unbelievable. No, actually it is believable. This was never about adjusting articles to suit congregations and the public better. This is about tight information control. Information for outsiders; information for insiders.

It's funny, but I remember Ray Franz had sent me an email way back before this new arrangement was even announced. He had commented to me that he felt the Watchtower leadership is getting more and more paranoid about information. One example was the way magazines were distributed (i.e. the cancelation of subscriptions).

It's obvious that this is just one more method to differentiate between outsiders and insiders - an invisible curtain that can be placed between the outside and inside. I guess the Watchtower Society wants to try to differentiate between those who say "sibboleth" and "shibboleth".

• willyloman
    willyloman

This just in! Here's a transcript from the meeting held at Bethel the year before last, at which all this was discussed:

Bethel Heavy 1: "Well it appears that the best way to cut costs would be to consolidate the Golden Age, I mean Awake, into one monthly edition. What would that save?"

Bethel Heavy 2: "Let's see (does the math).... Carry the one... OK, we're looking at six million, easy."

Bethel Heavy 3: "How will we explain this to the friends? It needs to be presented in the proper light."

BH1: "Oh, don't worry about the sheep, they'll go along with whatever 'Mother' does. They always do."

BH2: "We could call it 'simplification.'"

BH3: "That's been done. Why not put a positive spin on it? We'll tell them it will allow us to focus more on the Bible in the pages of the Awake."

BH1: "That might work."

BH2: "Well, all right, but I was hoping we could find more savings on the publishing end. I mean, six million will certainly help the bottom line, but...."

BH1: "I know, I know, we really need nine or ten. I read your memo."

BH3: "How about turning the Watcthower into a single monthly publication as well? Not right away, of course."

BH1: "Wouldn't work. We need the pages for the study articles."

BH3: "Oh, I know! What if we put the study articles in separate publication, sort of like the Kingdom Ministry? Only bigger."

BH1: "Say, you've given me an idea. We continue to publish two Watchtowers a month, but one of them will just carry the study articles. It will be for baptized publishers only. That way it will look like we're moving forward, not cutting back!"

BH2: "That would certainly get us the other three or four million we need to pay off those court settle..., um, I mean, cover our rising expenses."

BH3: "Say, why couldn't we also fold the Kingdom Ministry into that study Watchtower? Kill two birds with one stone, as it were?"

BH1: "Not so fast. We can't change everything all at once. Let's just feed it to them a little bit at a time."

• observador
    observador

I just would like JW lurkers to understand that this is all about information control.

It doesn't make sense at all. Imagine this: JWs tell the world JWs have a life saving information, and then they go to extremes such as this to hide that information.

Just think about it for a moment: what is good for the Witnesses should be good for non-Witnesses people. If it is not, there is something fishy about it.

Read 1984 by George Orwells and you'll see the similarites with the Tower.

Observador.

• Santisimo
    Santisimo

The Masonic underpinnings of the WTS are starting to show with this current policy change. Masons are known for keeping their study material as secret as possible. Although the Masons don't share ANY of the WTS doctrines, the teaching methods bare some similarities. They will become more obvious in years to come. TRUST ME - I KNOW.

• ?me?
    ?me?

i know i am going to still order more than just the one for my wife and one for me.... just tell them one is a study copy and one is for my library at home. i also get one in a foreign language . i almost had the guts to answer the other night " if there is an article that is in the study WT that would interest or help a RV i could offer it.... but i did not want to send up a red flag

• Highlander
    Highlander

Why are people talking up the "top secret" nature of the material in the new WT? Oh yea it must be more of that exciting secret stuff they already put in the KM.

Slim

I agree. Just about any one of us can get a hold of a Kingdom Ministry without a lot of effort. The same will be true of the Kool-aid copy of the watchtower. On the other hand, maybe I can make some pretty good $ selling the kool-aid copies on ebay to all you naughty apostates.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

***w647/15p.428par.16MeetingToday’sProblemswithCourage***

True Christians cannot afford to say one thing and do another. They have no double set of standards, but must be wholehearted for Jehovah’s kingdom 24 hours each day, 365 days each year, leap years 366! Indeed, to do anything less would be hypocritical, displeasing to Jehovah.—Prov. 20:23; Matt. 23:28

I'm no bible lover but I do remember when I was . . .

(Proverbs 20:23) 23 Two sorts of weights are something detestable to Jehovah, and a cheating pair of scales is not good.
    (Matthew 23:28) . . .YOU also, outwardly indeed, appear righteous to men, but inside YOU are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit