WT + Awake Update - restrictions

by stillajwexelder 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• emptywords
    emptywords

They said was because the housholder doesn't understand the Jehovah language, such as pioneer, elder, circuit overseer ecteerra. To do this now is very interesting, many have said why not years ago. Someone else said it may have to do with apostates also, trying to keep a closed door.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    choosing life: It won't prevent it from getting leaked, just as the KM is leaked on here.

I don't have as much faith in the foresight of the Governing Body. I think it very well may be that they got annoyed at how easy it is to post their information on the internet, and vainly believe that a restricted distribution can stop it. Hah.

heathen: You sure they aren't replacing it altogether with a crystal ball? With their prediction percentage they couldn't do any worse.

Your comment put me in mind to the magic eight-ball. Also, probably a more likely predictor than they have been.

This could limit my hubby's ability to study for the meeting. He's been sitting in limbo-land for over five years, attending all the meetings but not fully accepted as a publisher. The MS at our last Kingdom Hall used to tease him with the KM, alternately yanking it out of his hands. Had he earned one or not?

As someone else has mentioned, a restricted supply of the "study" WT will put a serious monkey-wrench in the second half of the Sunday service. What they gonna do? Hand out unmarked copies to the visitors and the inactive?

There are, I suspect, many many Witnesses like my hubby out there. Either not fully accepting the society's teachings, or not fully accepted themselves. Yet, bless them, they enjoy getting and marking up the magazine. A sense of accomplishment, I guess. This new arrangement, if strictly applied, may result in further decline in attendance. What are these people supposed to do at the Sunday service? Sit on their hands?

• bobld
    bobld

New WT Public Edition.

Lets see if I got this right...It (WT mag )appeals to Non-Witnesses who may accept the Bible...It shows how the Bible can help families...It deals with world conditions...It shows the reliability of the Bible...It W/A shows what the Bible really teaches.All of the above are from the GB Km which is their internal Memo to the Slaves.

What's with "who may accept the Bible".All true Religion ie R.C.,Lutheran.Baptists, etc have a true translation of the Bible and accept what it teaches.For over 130 years the GB of the WT were preaching from this WT as a Bible base journal.The public kept telling them that the Bible does not teach such things as "PIONEER, 1914,and other unique terms that need explaining.So now they are going to hoodwink the public with their new improved lie.The brain dead slaves will bow down and thank their god,the gb from this new provision.

Why not try a novel new idea and just use the BIBLE for teaching,preaching setting things straight..

bob

• TheListener
    TheListener

2 things:

1. This will make it easier to eventually roll the witness only WT into the KM thus creating money savings.

2. They're slowly headed toward focusing on tractwork and special campaigns in the field ministry.

• metatron
    metatron

This is a cost cutting move, to print fewer Watchtowers. If you think that the "private" aspect of this

change really means much, then I recommend that you take a look at recent Kingdom Ministries

in which they change the font size across pages to simply fill up the space. Why? My best

guess is that they don't know what to say or talk about. They are running out of ammo.

metatron

• eclipse
    eclipse

This could limit my hubby's ability to study for the meeting. He's been sitting in limbo-land for over five years, attending all the meetings but not fully accepted as a publisher. The MS at our last Kingdom Hall used to tease him with the KM, alternately yanking it out of his hands. Had he earned one or not?

-jgnat

That is horrible treatment, no matter if it was done in jest. I hope that when the koolaid version comes out, your hubby will see a marked difference in how they treat non-publishers and publishers...I am hoping it will be the straw that gets him to leave.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    I hope that when the koolaid version

Based on frequent useage in some form, it appears that "Kool Aid edition of the Watchtower" has now become part of the language!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I agree money is a factor. Follow the money, always follow the money

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    This is no different than the Kingdom Ministry. Only baptized people technically get those. However, the information is readily available for anyone that wants it.

Is it baptized people or is it given to 'publishers'? I thought if you went inactive, you no longer qualified to receive this piece of lit...

-Aude.

• houdini
    houdini

I'm pretty sure that even after 2008, when the new study editions are released, that they will still be available by some enterprising people on the internet.

I haven't been to a meeting since 2005 when I had a disagreement about the watchtower mixing up it's bible quotes to come with it's own amongst other things, but still have gotten my watchtowers to have a good laugh at in .pdf format

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit