August KM provides solid evidence of declining JW morale

by sir82 62 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

How did I miss this excellant post for two days?

• observador
    observador

"I remember the year they presented it as if on a menu, hoping that people would select the schedule the way they would select a meal off a menu."

Man, I remember that. It was so silly that it became too obvious for people to see.

Observador.

• observador
    observador

"Some will cry wolf until they die of old age. Others won't stop unless someone or something stops them."

Actually, the Society/GB are the ones crying wolf. JWs are the ones having a hard time believing the wolf has come.

Observador.

• Joker10
    Joker10

No one has mentioned the fact that U.S. publishers have grown this year by more than3.5%. The March Service Report shows they had an an increase of 38,000 publishers compared to the same month last year.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    The main pasttime of JWs is to find a way to "look" spiritually active while doing as little as possible. These days, it's all about being seen.

LOL! I have to agree with THAT! It was this way when I left seven years ago!

Since I have been online, I have seen where LOTS of JWs padded their hour count and when I read the stats from the WTS....who's to say that THEY are always honest in THEIR reporting....so it pretty well boils down to what is a very unstable record that is published in the literature for everyone to ooh and ahh about!

• journey-on
    journey-on

I don't believe any of the statistics they print. THEY WILL NEVER print the truth....maybe half truths. They spout statistics about increases, and numbers of newly baptised, but never how many were disfellowshipped or how many are da'd or how many have become inactive. They manipulate numbers IMO just like they do with $$ contributed at conventions and assemblies. They've always been overly concerned about appearances.

• greendawn
    greendawn

These are nothing but marketing campaigns concealed as religious or spiritual activity to get the drones going ("jehovah will richly bless those carrying out his preaching work", supposedly) apparently the Brooklyn fraudsters have a big backlog of printed products that they want to get rid of hence the attempty to motivate them: let's get 160 000 pioneers out.

But why should the R&F care about this and try to complete that number?

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Looking back on my own exit . . .

I used to occasionally "auxilliary" pioneer. I found as the years went by it got harder and harder. My morale became lower and lower, until I had no more momentum to even sign up.

Then I started to miss meetings.

Then I thought, "What do I really want to do with my life?"

I decided I had always wanted to learn to dance.

A door opened into the dance world of my dreams and I never looked back. I have been dancing for eight years now. I have moved to a new city, found some new friends, and do work I love.

I'm willing to say that from the platform! (Except, why would I go?)

Life is great.

ESTEE

• steve2
    steve2
    No one has mentioned the fact that U.S. publishers have grown this year by more than3.5%. The March Service Report shows they had an an increase of 38,000 publishers compared to the same month last year.

I noticed this from an earlier poster which no one has so far responded to. How does this 3.5% increase in US publishers look compared to previous year's peak publisher numbers.

Also, could that earlier poster give us the actual number of publishers for that month - I could then make the comparisons myself.

Further question, was this increase maintained over the following months - or was it a one-off??

• Deleted
    Deleted

I would hazard a guess that without the immigrants in the US (and I am one of 'em) joining up to be part of a worldwide family the numbers would be so miserably low that it would appear that JW's in the western world are on a constant decline heading for doom. I would imagine there's some "JW Math" on that, and I'd appreciate being PM'd as to its location, thank you. Glen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit