August KM provides solid evidence of declining JW morale

by sir82 62 Replies latest jw friends

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

It also seems like they are getting more demanding. It wasn't long ago that they called for 100,000 pioneers. And as has been mentioned, August? They used to save that for the school kids, not the whole branch.

Isaac

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Now it seems that enthusiasm is way down amongst the R&F.

Most certainly!

How long can you cry wolf?

Uh huh.

There seems to be no sense of urgency among the witnesses anymore.

You are correct sir!

So how many "pioneers" out there are doing the full number of hours?

Very few.

They're in trouble. Ship is sinking.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Excellent point here by Lawrence:

130,000 rabid, donut eating, coffee chugging, malcontents in restaurants bitching about everything. Getting back into cars to count time pushing bullshit literature, while their toxic emissions are spewed into an earth that will soon be destroyed and repaired by a great crowd of lunatics. What a religion!

Even if they made their goal, the new type of aux. pioneer would have knocked on 4 doors, while their partner knocked on
    the other 4. One person would have answered, then off to the BREAK. Next, they would have made return visits on people
    who aren't home either, or didn't want to be called on again. Somehow, the field service report would have reflected 4 hours
    for each of these publishers, while their placements were between ZERO and TWO magazines combined.

• JapanBoy
    JapanBoy

I had the bad fortune to pick this AUX P work some 15 years back or so.....what a stupid waste of time. I was the territory servan at the time so I used to go to the group and then fuck off and go to the library and read everthing I could get my hands on. Then sometime I would do a call or two, count all the time for the whole day and then go for beers at a local pub. I'd then count that time too. What a silly pain in the ass.....at the same time I tookd a months paid leave off work to accomplish this craziness.....my employers were 'happy' as they too were J DUBS.

K

• willyloman
    willyloman
    But these numbers from the August KM are, IMHO, quite telling.

Whenever there is one of those "are they shrinking?" threads, I try to cbime in and add that the evidence is all around you if you look for it.

The 20% shortfall is missing the mark by a wide margin, and this from an organization that prides itself on keeping track of these things and posting ever-increasing numbers. In my three decades as a dub, having read similar figures from the platform countless times, I noted that they almost always underestimated their forecasts so that when the results were in, it was a "win" for the team.

I don't care what their annual report says. What I have seen in the last 10 years (roughly since 1995) is that the "quality" of field service is way down, the esprit de corps is almost completely gone, the percentage of FS activity that is reported is phony to an even larger degree than ever before. The main pasttime of JWs is to find a way to "look" spiritually active while doing as little as possible. These days, it's all about being seen.

As for those Aux Pio campaigns, they almost never have lasting benefits. Oh, back in the 1960s and '70s they might have generated several bible studies in a given congo, some of whom actually progressed to baptism. But these days? Ten people sign up to pioneer in April and by June it's just a dim memory. There are not more people coming to meetings. There are not more bible studies reported. The so-called "spiritual benefits" somehow failed to materialize. Next year, they start up the machine all over again.

What is it they say is the definition of crazy? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Witnesses suffer from the same problems other churches have in educated, industrialized nations: too many people see through the bullshit. I remember reading a yearbook account about how Iceland (a highly atheist nation) has had little to no growth at all since missionaries first arrived ~80 years ago. The same things are happening across Europe and Australia. Of course, the message has never appealed more to the poor, uneducated third world, so the vast majority of the increase is coming from Latin America, Africa, and Southeast Asia. The heyday of Jehovah's Witnesses has come and gone in this country. 1975 was the deathblow. People here are slowing down, getting bored, and starting to think about things. The vast majority need to take anti-depressants just to cope. Of course, the R&F will just blame Satan and the world for all their stresses.

• Open mind
    Open mind

OK, time to come clean. That number should actually be 129,999 Aux Pios for April.

I was one of that great crowd of fools. They whipped it up big time in our Congo and the sheeple signed up in droves.

Here's my personal stats.

1. Actual countable time according to the current Borg rules: Prolly 12-15 hrs.

2. Time reported: The big 50.

3. Conversations with real, live people pushing the paradise farce: 0

4. Hours spent discussing future travel and recreation plans with wifey: (See item #1)

5. Hours of sleep lost over my fraudulent reporting: 0

Open Mind

• gladtidethings
    gladtidethings

If a question is why they aren't doing as much it's because of things like the child abuse scandal as noted at htttp://www.silentlambs.org and the secret U.N. affair noted at ttp://www.jwchildcustody.com/beastbook

The end of the tower is nearer than they think.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

"How long can you cry wolf?"

Some will cry wolf until they die of old age. Others won't stop unless someone or something stops them.

My guess is most JW's will stop when they die. (Still in this system, no Armageddon.)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They got over 8000 in the UK - what was the target?

Slim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit