What's your take on "faith healing" ...

by Frequent_Fader_Miles 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Does it really happen, or is it a fake?

Know anyone personally who was cured by a faith healer?

• changeling
    changeling

The mind can do amazing things when a person is open to suggestion. It doesn't make it real.

changeling

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

What did Elaine say to Jerry?

Fake -- Fake -- Fake -- Fake

• Elsewhere
  • PEC
    PEC

Elsewhere's got it nailed.

Philip

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

I think they are about as usefull as your average placebo.

You have to wonder why god hates amputees so much... If faith healers start growing back limbs, then I'll be impressed.

But if they do the exact same thing as your immune system can do on its own, then why waste your time and money?

"I HAVE THE POWER!!!! To cure ailments you would probably recover from anyways... and it only works sometimes. No refunds."

ooh, impressive!

Lore

• I quit!
    I quit!

A friend of mine went to a faith healer to be cured of an ailment he had.

He got in line behind others waiting to be cured.

Finally it was his turn to see the faith healer.

The preacher spoke to him in a loud booming voice and said "Tell me son what ails you so I may lay hands upon it and heal you.

My friend leaned over and wisper in the man of God's ear, "Hemroids" he said.

My friend still has the problem.

• JK666
    JK666

I know of an instance where someone was prayed over and had laying on of hands prior to surgury for female problems, then all of a sudden the problem went away. Normally I would say BS, but I am trying to keep an open mind. JK

• r.a.m.
    r.a.m.

In order to believe in healing by God, first you have to believe in God. Jesus healed people. So did his disciples. So did some of God's people before Jesus. It is possible. The question is if those gifts exist today. And if they do, are they being used for good. Is all glory going to Jesus and God? I don't believe anyone who asks for money is getting power from God. That isn't God's spirit, to ask for money. I guess it also depends what you mean by a faith healing. Do you mean the ones you hear about in news? Or the ones who pray about a friend who is really sick, and God heals that person? I think that can happen. It's called an answered prayer.

• JK666
    JK666

Elsewhere,

Nice loaf!

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit