Does Anyone Know Any of the Newer GB Members? Please share your stories.

by neverendingjourney 35 Replies latest jw friends

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Guy has two step-sons... One did not get along so well - he is outstandingly brilliant - too smart to stay in the Borg. His books are on Amazon under the pen name of Andrea Peters.... I think he was removed as elder last I heard, so maybe there is hope for him. He finances dad in the GB and brother / sis-in-law at Bethel.

• Joseph Seiss
    Joseph Seiss

Hi,

Really, was it Tim or his brother that became the writer? Tim seemed the Bethel bound over acheiver. I went to Pio School with his wife.

I recall Guy, (we used to say he looked like the old time actor Edward G. Robinson). He was indeed hard line. Never liked to talk about his "annointing" either. He definately likes to be in charge, so don't hold your breath for any change.

The dirty little secret about Guy is his biological son from his first marriage. His name is Bob. I don't even know if Bob is alive. But, about 20 years ago he was in my Hall and was a MADMAN. He had the body shape of a penguin and would Aux. Pioneer with us Regs. He used to get up and have 2 shots of Brandy before he went out in street work, "Some of the friends can't get started without their morning cup of coffee...." he would explain. If we were late for the Meeting for Field Service, he would drive like a lunatic to get there. He drove a beat up little Datsun,...up on sidewalks, nearly knocking old lady's down....I am not exagerating....this guy was a piece of work. Last I saw him he had shacked up with a gal, and when we went by to see him, he said, "Well, as you can see....I'm not doing to good spiritually right now...." He was also one of those types that would use any and every occasion to get stumbled. You know, like, "I saw you walking into an R-rated movie, so I got stumbled and smoked pot. Then I confessed to the elders, and told them why I stumbled. They'll be calling you soon...." No joke.

I often thought it would be great to find Bob and take him to visit his Dad...what a reunion that would be.

"If I built up another church, I would be building up another false one. That is not our proposition at all." C.T. Russell.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Tim is the writer. Richard made it to Bethel. And last I heard his wife is his wife no more. She was my best friend. :-( Guy never told us about his son.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I know a pompous, control-freak MTS grad elder in a neighboring congregation who thinks he should be appointed to the GB any day now.

Does that count?

Open Mind

(wifey and I are betting he'll start scarfing the crackers and slurping the vino next year)

• Joseph Seiss
    Joseph Seiss

That's Interesting. Tim's wife is the one I went to Pio. School with. As I recall, she was a fair skinned, fresh faced 19 year old, that had alot of baggage from her childhood. Did she and Tim manage to stay married? Richard I don't remember as well.

It doesn't surprise me that you didn't hear about Bob. I think he was the black sheep, persona non grata. Of course, that was over 20 years ago. He has likely been reinstated and DF'd half a dozen times since then...LOL....Sorry, but it was one of those weird circumstances you just had to be there to understand. BTW, did you know the Pierces from their Columbia Park days?

Regards,

The one true Church, dear friends, is the church of the Bible. There never has been but that one true Church. All others are false, and if I build up another church I would be building up another false one. That is not our proposition at all. --C.T. Russell

• goodship
    goodship

Jwfacts....good rundown, and you are spot on with the story....what i find astonishing is the fact...that the hardcore JW would question their God...talk about double standard, he is God, true followers would/should never question their "god authroity".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit