"Carnivores were designed to eat plants!"

by Anony-Mouse 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Even humans have very clearly omniverous dental sets. I am always fond of running my tongue over my canines and declaring that a forced vegetarian supper is unatural ^_^ What exactly do JWs base this belief on anyway besides that it says in paradise the lion will eat straw just like the bull (to me a metaphor for there being peace rather than a literal dietary statement).

• AlanF
    AlanF

Interesting experience, HS! It shows that WTS writers are nothing if not consistently and stupidly doctrinaire.

AlanF

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

In a way, they probably did you a favour Hillary. By so blatantly ignoring your evidence they showed their true motivation which probably made your decision to leave so much more obvious and clear cut. If they had discussed your essay openly, perhaps even tried to adjust the Watchtower views a little to make it fit with "reality' then you might have given them credit for sincerity and tried to continue to work within the system. Their extremism and unwavering stubborness in clinging to delusion is ultimately their downfall. Lack of adaptability shall hopefully cause them to become extinct altogether!

Cog

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

My 2 cents, subject to change with the presentation of various facts.

If you dont want to use the bible, then evolution will do as an explination. If you want to give some credibility to the bible. God knew the begining from the end. He knew man would sin. So he made the carnivores change or adapt after the flood. Before the flood their was a canopy over the earth. This caused a different atmospheric pressures and different living conditions. Maybe God got tired of perfection and wanted some variety and excitement. Their are historical records of giant humans and giant animals and evidence of a worldwide flood and information saying man lived longer lifes in the past. But everyone sees what they want to see and believes what they want to believe. This is the information age and all the information is out there just google it.

I dont think whether we believe in evolution or not that it will change the fact that we all have to die on this planet.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good points Arthur. One thing -

The Creation book never even suggests that such features "evolved" in the last 6,000 years.

The WTS claims the global flood was only 4000 years ago. So all this predatory evolution is supposed to have occurred in only 4000 years. This also includes the development of languages, the spreading of the global population, the travel of animals to isolated areas of the world. For instance, Koala's and a whole raft of marsupials live only in Australia. Some how their predecessor (as all the various marsupial types could not have fit on the ark) managed to swim (or drift, catch a ferry??) to Australia and then rapidly mutate into numerous different breeds within only 4000 years.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Also, how did the animals know that after the flood they could eat meat when before all they ate was plant life?

Did a lion just one day up and think "Hey, why am I wasting my time on this grass when that zebra looks tasty?"

Then, when other animals that have sharp teeth saw the lion eating the zebra, did they think, "Wow, I have teeth like his-maybe I'll try animal flesh, too?" and on down the line?

Maybe animals are alot smarter than we give them credit.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

here's my question. if life is so sacred, why did jehovah make it okay to kill animals after the flood. again, this was poor planning on his part if the story is true. above that, do angels have to eat? why do we? apparently we are the cheaper model that wasn't planned out very good. i'm surprised we don't all have made in china tattoos on our asses.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

here's my question. if life is so sacred, why did jehovah make it okay to kill animals after the flood.

Because he's the cosmic Joker.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit