Do Witnesses have a Stronger Brotherhood than Christendom Does?

by gumby 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

the congregation I was in for almost 15 years barely even knew I existed! They were all well off, lived in big houses and had their little Cancun getaways and golf sessions every year. They were known for being materialistic and had many many cliques. Yes they had a strong brotherhood among the ones who fit in but the ones who didn't were treated like crap!

• gumby
    gumby

Thinking of Leaving,

Yes they had a strong brotherhood among the ones who fit in but the ones who didn't were treated like crap!

Your right . It seems every congregation had cliques or groups. Camping trips usually included all the same ones who went the last time with maybe a few different ones who couldn't go before.

I suppose there are many groups who have this same problem except that other churches do not make the boastful claims the witnesses make about the unified love they have for all members inside. Slackers in the organisation ( those with little spiritual activity) are not treated the same as the "spiritually active" are.......unless your a nerdlike pioneer.

Gumby

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Glad you came to your senses Gumby!

• gumby
    gumby
    Glad you came to your senses Gumby!

I didn't know I'd left my senses......but thanks anyway. Gumby

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Back in the old days we seemed to stick together but when i left my last Kingdom Hall Rockland Massachusetts it was dog eat dog backstabbing. What prevailed back then was HOPE because everyone was deluded with prophecy's that had not yet expired also there was a lot of cold war fear and no counter information (internet) just the obscure 'evil slave'.

It was still the blind following the blind and all the old timers are now sadly ALL DEAD.

The WT seemed more humble then much poorer too.Now they have bloated into an arrogant egotistical tyranny.They are like a wounded animal backed into a corner,it's dog eat dog now. Because I was born in 1957 and limited all my school and worldly associations I didn't know and experience altruistic humanitarianism until my WT exit 1992 and was SHOCKED at how normal and caring worldly people are. Every single JW back in 1992 would have turned my a** in for apostasy if I had proclaimed to them back then that we would still be in this system 2007 and the WT would be making reservations for summer DC's in 2015.Many had NO retirement savings or caring for their long term health care,I don't get it why there ain't 6 million crying foul screaming JW's.

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

what do you think causes you to love others? seems to me it is seeing your reflection in them. a kind of narcissism to be sure, but think about it... the more controlling a cult, the more they attempt to make everyone look like each other and that causes this reflection reaction to occur. within such groups you will find some reflect your other interests as well and those you will have even stronger bonds with... ciques will form. there are those who for whatever reason, perhaps they are ugly, fat, socially unacceptable, you will even fight your seeing your reflections, but in high control cults you will be made to feel guilty for doing so...

in larger churchs like catholic and baptist, there is an aire of we have the truth and we dont even care if you show up to meetings, you will burn in hell if you dont, so there...and seeing your reflection in people there is a lot harder.

• lawrence
    lawrence

The Scriptures state that a brother/friend "is born for the day of distress." Using that definition, I would say that there is little brotherhood in the organization. Fair weather friends at best; delusional hard and cold Pharisees for the most part. As far as outside the borg, I have met bastards, as well as the salt of the earth. I have friends who I trust with everything.

• gumby
    gumby

Lawrence, your just happy cuz you smoke that damn weed

Your right though bro.....conditional love is what the Organisation instills in it's members. Fly straight as to what we call straight....or you cannot be a friend.

Danny, you old bastard,

just the obscure 'evil slave'.

Evil Slave.....now there's a term you never hear of anymore amoung the dubs......only "apostates".

Dreamer,

in larger churchs like catholic and baptist, there is an aire of we have the truth and we dont even care if you show up to meetings, you will burn in hell if you dont

How true. When I left a baptist church, I never had a call by anyone asking where I went to.

Gumby

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Gumby, not true for all people in all churches. Your broad stroking those faiths by stating it that way. I have found witnesses are masters at this habit. Still in you a little?

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher
    I suppose there are many groups who have this same problem except that other churches do not make the boastful claims the witnesses make about the unified love they have for all members inside.

Here are 2 examples of the "boastful claims" of unity and love that I received in recent emails from different Witnesses. (warning to those who can't stomach this type of thing!) I always respond with enthusiasm, "Yes, it so wonderful when Christian brothers and sisters are so welcoming despite being a stranger..." and then give them real-life examples from my non-Witness life. Maybe they think I am making it up, but I'm not! And it is important that my life shows the contradiction of their teachings, so we are pleased to be patiently loving to Witnesses that come to our door.

#1 We had a very encouraging, faith strengthening 2 day assembly. Because there is no time change it was neat to know that everyone was getting the same talks and singing the same songs at the same time... We had supper on Sat night with a special pioneer couple and on Sunday a family invited us for supper with some other folks. They were so hospitable and it really impresses the wonderful brotherhood that we can enjoy wherever we go. #2 It has been a really beautiful experience to spend a couple of weeks in another part of the world and go to meetings and go in the preaching work with the brothers and sisters all believing and speaking the
    same language "The Truth". Gumby: I am sorry that you had a negative experience at a Baptist church. There are many types of Baptists, and perhaps the ones where you went were being "lukewarm". It should not have happened!! Anyone can say that they are loving, but the proof is in the pudding. We have been blessed with those who have helped us financially, and practically (helping us renovate our house, move, etc.), as well as hospitality and just "hanging out" together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit