Does your personality type affect your belief in the divine?

by Paralipomenon 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Your Type is
    INFJ
    IntrovertedIntuitiveFeelingJudging
    Strength of the preferences %

Born and raised dub. Left at 18

Since I left, I haven't "practised" any form of religion or subscribed to a belief you might find in the phone book. More like a conglomoration of various systems of belief with preference towards ideas of similarity between them. Common ground so to speak. I've never meditated but welcome the moments of clarity, oneness and peace, as sometimes fleeting and random as they are amidst the maelstrom of emotion and what it is to be human in the modern world. It does seem that as soon as you try and approach these elusive things, the further away they get. Merely observing changes the subject, changes the connection. And what is it to observe? I haven't studied specific things or more accurately, identified with and committed to a specific belief because rabbit holes go on forever and you can't hold the wind. LOL. Anyways, can you believe yet not believe in God? Better yet, can you define God? I believe in the "connection" for lack of a better term and a poor term at that. Where do I end and you begin? I'm not a parent but I can only imagine the depth of "connection" there. Multiply that by infinity. They say God is Love. Define love in 250 words or less. Communicating the idea will fail because the connection is personal yet universal. And you don't need to go to the ritual or read a book to feel it but it helps. Other times, I'm just a naked ape looking for some hot monkey love and a sandwich,....LMAO

I'm sure there's a label or name for such a system of belief, but I can't be bothered to define it. Maybe I'm just mentally or spiritually lazy I don't know. Don't care really either. But I believe that what I believe makes me what I am and what I am is uniquely me. A grain of sand on the beach. The God of my World. Yet I am nothing that hasn't been before or won't be again. Possibly with someone else's shoes and the thing is I won't even know how far I can walk in them.

Just rambling.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Years ago when I first started taking Myers Briggs I was eNFP, but as I've gotten older it crossed over into iNFP and then INFP. As to the religion thing, you can mark me down for the pagan brand of spirituality.

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit