Does your personality type affect your belief in the divine?

by Paralipomenon 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

I know Briggs says INFJs are pretty rare but we have had 4 in a row here.

Makes me wonder how rare we are ... tehehee

Smiles

• Miss 8572
    Miss 8572

I think that this discussion board attracts like minded/like personality people so maybe most of us on the board are INFJs mainly because it's rare to be different and make your own decisions no matter what the cost. At least we're not IN JW. Lol.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

1.Champion Idealist (eNFp)

2. Raised Jehovah's Witness

3. Spiritual but not religious, reverent Atheist

• unique1
    unique1

1. Your Myers-Briggs type: ENFJ

2. Your religious upbringing (if any): Jehovahs Witness

3. Your current views on God, religion, and spirituality (in brief): Agnostic Theist = An agnostic theist is one who views that the truth value of certain claims, in particular the existence of god(s) is unknown or inherently unknowable but chooses to believe in god(s) in spite of this.

• Mum
    Mum

INXP = Partly INTP, partly INFP

Most people are not as strong on one of the four, tend to go back and forth more on one of the four tendencies.

I have been a student of the MBTI for over 20 years and have learned to observe people and figure out their type with a high rate of accuracy.

My grandparents, with whom I lived the first 10 years of my life, were very religious, and I have been greatly influenced by them. They were the old-fashioned shouting, singing, praising and testifying kind of fundamentalists. They, unlike too many Christians I have met, really did walk the walk. In fact they walked it even more than they talked it. They were kind, generous, caring, honest - just downright good people.

My parents got me involved with the JW's because my dad's boss was a JW. Those folks, the JW's, were very decent as well. It seems to me that the JW's of the past were more genuine. The congregation they attended was above average as far as income and lifestyle than most JW's. So, again, I had a positive experience with religion until I got closer to the center of the JW organization and got a clearer picture of the real goings-on.

I still believe in God and am a seeker of greater spirituality, but not in the same way I did. I can no longer believe in a God that can be reduced to an old man in the sky who is alternately benevolent and angry. The best description of God I have heard and can relate to is that God is not a being, but Being itself (as in I AM).

Sarah: You are right. INFJ's are very rare, but they are more likely to take an interest in a thread on this topic and respond to it than most of the other types.

Regards,

SandraC

• minimus
    minimus

Me= ESFJ

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

1. ENTJ

2. Raised JW

3. Evangelical Church-going Bible-reading Christian

Note: I just had to take this personality test at the counselor's office officially a few months ago so I'm sure its right. And the assessment came back spot on. And it says that my personality type is the least likely to believe in God.

So what I'm about to tell you is that its not easy for me to believe -- Its something I have to prove to myself every day. Its a struggle. But its my decision/not just a feeling.

• exwitless
    exwitless

INFJ

Raised going to Methodist or Baptist churches.

Current religious beliefs: ????????????????? That would best describe it. I don't have a clue what I believe right now. I am content to not know, for the time being. I guess I'll know what I believe when I feel compelled to believe something.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    Your Type is ESFP
  • Twitch
    Twitch
    At least we're not IN JW

LMAO. Good one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit