A PUZZLING QUESTION...????...????...????

by Terry 110 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

The "sacred secret" of God that creation was yearing to glimpse for so long was Jehovah's Plan of Salvation and righteous government rescue operation.

Yet, pagans, heathens and various crackpot primitives all came up with the same plan long before Jehovah's was "revealed". Something smells bad about this!!

I find it puzzling.

Child sacrifice to appease wrathful deities is a disgusting solution to crop failure. But, when Jehovah proposes child sacrifice (His own son) to save mankind to appease (gulp!) HIMSELF; isn't this the same plan?

A demi-god who dies and comes back to life is different ?how? from Jesus?

Something smells funny.

Wouldn't you expect a Supreme Being to concoct a better/different plan than that of the abortive and brutal nonsense of pagan theology?

Why aren't Christians embarassed?

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Because God sacrificed HIMSELF ....

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I got nuthin' for you Terry. I am just beginning my journey, still reeling from finding out that the "truth" is just lies. Still trying to separate what the Bible really says from what I thought it said.

I never bought into that "holier than thou" attitude and was often embarrassed when I saw it displayed. I will continue to treat my fellow man with dignity, respect, compassion and love like I have always tried to do.

I admire you thought process but your question is way too "meaty" for me. I really look forward to seeing the other posts. Very thought provoking, and as your must know from experience, I haven't been around any deep thinkers for a long time.

Not until I found this oasis.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Terry, some of us here on the board are proud to call themselves Pagans. My religious practice is rooted in peace. I would prefer if you not refer to my faith as "the abortive and brutal nonsense of pagan theology."

Perhaps if my religion celebrated a god who watched a righteous man like Job lose his wealth, his children, his own health, all in order to settle a bet with Satan, or who allows his own son to be tortured to death, in order to prove a point...then you could call my religion "brutal nonsense."

Christians have no need to feel embarrased for having taken many of their traditions from Paganism; they ought to be proud.

• Gopher
    Gopher

This is the same God that rejected the best of Cain's fruits and accepted the BLOOD sacrifices from Abel.

Jehovah loves the sight of blood. It calms him down and makes him willing to bargain.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Terry,

Your questions are well taken. They remind me of the meeting several years ago where a couple of the friends commented disparagingly about human sacrafice among some pagan religions.

I raised my hand and commented, " Before we get too carried away with this line of thought, we ought to remember that the entire basis of Christianity is a human sacrafice."

Quieted things down a bit!

S4

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Hey I watched the Letters from Iwo Jima last night - lots of blood spilled for emperor and country. That seems to be ulitimate sacrifice for both men and gods/God.

Wonder why people will settle for no less of an committment? "No greater love then a person should give their live in behalf of their brother."

And to make matters worst we have all these tomb -stones of these stupid people that gave their blood to save other - excuse me misguilded fools for believing in blood nonsence And what up with all these stories thoughout the history of man of good people giving their lifes for a purpose I wished they stop all that BS is confuse me with sacrifice stuff anyway.

I can't wait tell we all become pagan with no belief in God I am certain no one will expected us to sacrifice blood for country, science medicine or whatever! We humans have such high standards of justice and yet we really love blood sacrifice "we's all just good old boy's like John Wyne"

Hey but you know what really cool since we all become pagans we can't blame God for creating us so blood thristy - right dudes?

• White Dove
    White Dove

The Bible writers seem to have taken the ugly parts of bad pagan worship and rewritten them to make them sanitized Christian beliefs. The Jesus character has been rewritten many times even before Jesus was born. They went from earth focused to heaven focused and stole (I like this term) pagan beliefs and rewrote them for themselves to lord it over others. They took the beautiful metaphores and symbolisms for the many facets of the power of nature and created for themselves a horrible genocidal, bipolar god.

An it harm none, do what ye will. The god of the Bible seems to have ignored this very important piece of pagan wisdom.

Blessings, Chenoa

• White Dove
    White Dove

Jehovah loves the smell of burnt flesh, too. Don't forget that!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Wouldn't you expect a Supreme Being to concoct a better/different plan than that of the abortive and brutal nonsense of pagan theology?

I would not expect a Supreme Being to care in the first place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit