Were You Surprised That Your JW "Friends" Dumped You After All These Years?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Even though I am reinstated not one phone call from pastor new friends. I guess once dead always dead. I am sorry, I really do not understand where they claim to be so loving. Did I miss this part!

I do not understand them!

• Quentin
    Quentin

I was shattered...couldn't belive it was happening...now, years later I have a total understanding of what was going on...one word, conditional...that's what it's all about....always was, always will be...

• justhuman
    justhuman

I wasn't suprised at all...But still I'm hurt to see how can a "religion" that claims to have Christian love, threat their ex-members like this. I had so many friends there and now I 'm all alone...they see me walking in the street, and they just pretend that I'm not there. One my behalf I always greeting them and smile.

While in my new faith, the Orthodox Church is praying for those who left the Church in every ceremon, and asks God to guide them back to the Church, and to show mercy to them.

What a different attitude from the Watchtower, that those who left are just a pray for the birds in Armageddon...

• blondie
    blondie

Few remain...but I'm not df'd or have da'd though some shun me anyway and did before I became inactive. What a judgmental group and with a view of their personal welfare first. If it weren't drilled into their heads that salvation = field service, how many jws would go out? How many go out with the view that they have to find someone to convert?

No one must get between them and the carrot of "everlasting life on a paradise earth" be it spouse, child or best friend.

Blondie

• Deleted
    Deleted

I expected it, and I wasn't 'disappointed'. What was a surprise on my way out (so this would be early 1999) that I told six people (xfriends) that I was leaving and each one told me they couldn't leave - I wasn't asking them to, just to understand why I was. I thought that a strange response. Only one (an 'anointed' elder) tried to get me to stay - and he also said he couldn't leave after helping 60+ people into the JWs. That was the surprise as each of them must have considered leaving and realized they couldn't without losing friends and family. Glen

• flipper
    flipper

Minimus- Good subject here, Mr. Flippers take. My parents still respect my fading, they're 82 and 80, but I have a superdub older brother an ex bethel elder 60 who wrote a letter to me stating he can't understand the mindset of anyone who would take themselves out from under Jehovah's love! I guess he better find it for himself then! I feel I still have it, just not in the way they see it! My son is faded like me 22, but my 2 adult daughters 20 and 19 still dubs won't have much to do with me. They wouldn't even let me walk them down the aisle at their weddings last year and this year, and no thank you cards for the gifts! But Mrs. Flipper and I just attended trying to show dignity and grace in spite of being dissed. It's tough. I'm not suprised by my brother because he thinks he's hot stuff being a well known elder, semi important.But like you, I don't even see many former witness friends unless it's weddings or funerals. I've reached out to make new friends and family, and that has helped. I feel those who really love me will want to be with me. What more can you do?Peace, Mr. Flipper

• jam
    jam

Over the past 15-20 yrs. a large number has left the org. Many families have someone in thier family that has seen the truth and moved on. The problem that the org. fell to see is, with so many out and others that has never been in org. see the love one receive when we leave. My family members who never became JW saw this and stop thier study with the JW real fast.If you ask someone ,what do you think about JW, and most people will say thay brake up families. The shunning policy will not bring in new people. Trust me the word is out how exmembers are loved when they leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit