Were You Surprised That Your JW "Friends" Dumped You After All These Years?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Some old JW friends are afraid of me..Crazy Eyes..LOL!!..It`s a mixed bag of Crazy`s

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Not surprised at all, and quite happy about it. They have nothing
    to say that I want to hear anyway.

• Mary
    Mary

Well my family doesn't treat me any different----they're just not judgemental, so that makes things nice. As for my JW 'friends' that have 'dumped' me, well----I knew it would happen, so it's not surprising in the least. No matter how much someone might like/love you, they're trained to put loyalty to the Borg ahead of EVERYTHING else in life, which means their love and friendship is all conditional.

Most of my close friends that I had in the religion have left anyway, so it doesn't have too much of an impact on me. People were nice to me when I went to the Memorial this year, but I know it's in large part to get me to come back. Which I'm not doing.

• cab1000
    cab1000

We are dealing with this shunning as well. You know that phone call you get from the family member, and they try to get you to go back to the meetings because "deep down you know its the right thing to do"? Well, we got one of those yesterday.

I used to agree with the shunning, it made since. By shunning the person, you make him/her feel so badly and miss you so much, that he/she has no other choice than to come back into the fold, and fall into line with the rules. Justice wins, all is well, and thru tough love, you saved a life, right? right?

However, now, if I look at it the way "God" is supposed to see it, when shunning works...does it?? No. The person goes back only to appease his family/friends, not because of his "heart condition" missing "the love and protection of the Organization".

Forcing a friend or family member back into the organization by shunning does not really solve the problem. I think huge love bombs would help more. Perhaps patiently waiting on the persons attitude to change, showing only love and warmth, as a family should, would work more effectively. But that won't happen any time soon.

• Gill
    Gill

It used to hurt badly!

Now I know they have their ultimate punishment.......they're still in the bOrg and mind slaves of the Watchtower!

How cool to have such ultimate revenge!!

• minimus
    minimus

I know of many miserable JW family members that cry over the fact that they "can't" talk to their kids anymore.

Sadly, these loyalists are victims of the cult.

• OUTLAW
  • Gill
    Gill

Minimus - I used to cry over the fact that they WOULD all ignore me if I left their cult! How things change!

People have a choice whether to talk to someone or not! If they choose to not talk to someone and ignore a person then they can't have loved them properly in the first place. Conditional love is not real love that is why it melts like a snowball in hell!

I saw dub relatives working 'business' territory today and you know what....I'm still sniggering and laughing at their self righteous prognosticating! They looked the other way when they saw me and I really don't give a damn!

Does that make me bad or worse than them?

Well whip ma ass and call me Hepzibah but I don't give a rat's derriere!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't think they ever were my friends in the first place. Why? They had so many rules. They wanted me to change so many things that really made no difference. After all, would you love a person any less if they had a light blue shirt instead of a white one with a navy suit? Or a light yellow shirt with a tan suit? Or, perhaps, if they had the sense to not go out in service when they are sick or if it's too hot or cold out? And since when are friendships made on how many hours you put in the field misery or how many duties you have in the Kingdumb Hells?

Nor are they my friends if they cannot accept that I may have tastes that differ from theirs. For starters, I like real music. You might hate disco and love country; many people can't stand rap but like heavy metal. Still others like funk, soft rock, jazz, classical, church, and instrumental. Do you have to get them to dump their favorites in order to have friendship? If they don't dump their music, will you keep hounding them until they do?

Then there are the beliefs. True friends do not really care if their religion differs. They allow each other the freedom to practice their own religion without trying to hound and harass them to change. So what if one Witless believes that Luke 2:10-14 means that celebrating Christmas is OK? The "Christian" congregation will not tolerate this, and any "good" Christian will not associate with anyone who continues to think Christmas is acceptable. If anyone is doing Christmas, they are worshiping the sun (and the Devil), and anyone who doesn't see it that way is not going to be accepted as a "friend".

If anything, I dumped them. I heard that anyone who misses meetings for stupid things is in effect disfellowshipping the "Christian" congregation. To that, I would like to inform you that the congregation of Jehovah's Witlesses has been disfellowshipped for being too controling.

• Missanna
    Missanna

the last thing my dad told me was there is only one thing they love more than me and that's jehovah. Whatever, they are hypocritical judgmental bastards... i really hope they don't think saying crap like that is going to make me miss them. it doesn't. there is nothing that could make me go back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit