Were You Surprised That Your JW "Friends" Dumped You After All These Years?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

How does it feel knowing that your friends were so conditional----or your family??

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Yes it still hurts, but I expected it. What I didn't expect is that they turned their back on my kids also.

Leslie

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

It hurts, but I recognise the behaviour - I'm ashamed to say I did my fair share of shunning in the past. So no, I'm not surprised that I'm being treated this way but that doesn't make it any easier to bear.

Nic'

• minimus
    minimus

That's because they "love" you.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    That's because they "love" you.

That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy deep inside. Now I wanna go back to the kingdom hall, just so I can feel the love. W

• undercover
    undercover

I wasn't that surprised actually.

I had been around long enough to see the cliques, favoritism and neopotism. I had seen others before me drift away from the "truth" and be gossipped about and ugly rumors spread about them.

So, when I started to go inactive, I expected the same treatment. Which I did get from a big number of them...most of them people I really wasn't that close to and if I was completely honest with myself, people I didn't really care about to begin with.

• lola28
    lola28

Why should we be? Put in their position we would have done the same thing.

Lola

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Surprised-No. Hurt-YES

It hurts me, still. I've been told by a never-jw that my friends weren't ever my friends to begin with, nor did they ever truly love me, or they would still talk to me today.

• minu
    minu

not really surprised. what was odd for me: my family and friends shunned. then my non jw family also shunned b/c i was retarded and shunned them when i was jw. so that sucked! Now i am happy to say that my parents don't shun me anymore but a lot of jw friends do. oh well, their loss...... my non jw family is now not shunning me for shunning them. so i got 90% of my loved ones back and gained a few crazies along the way. not too bad in my eyes.

• Missanna
    Missanna

it hurt deeply i had this stary eyed view of things. i thought hey they couldn't just drop me like that. but they did and now i'm a lot more careful who i trust. and i know who my real friends are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit