Religions similar to JWs.

by LtCmd.Lore 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Here is something I found about the Catholic church.

www.arian-catholic.org/arian/arius.html

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Wow, those christ-a-dolphinists are almost EXACTLY like witnesses.

No trinity

No hell

Death is unconsiousness untill resurrected on earth.

Issue of universal sovereignty. (I could've used that one last Saturday, during the "Why Evil" WT!!!)

I'll have to remember those people! All I have to do is learn how to spell their name.

No Devil

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Christadelphians don't believe any human goes to heaven, nor do they believe that Jesus Christ had a pre-human existence in heaven. They believe all righteous mankind will live forever on earth.

They don't believe Jesus was born perfect either, as I recall. They think he became perfect after passing all the tests the Devil (not a real spirit person, just inherent sinful inclinations) brought upon him.

With so many other denominations believing the same basic teachings as JW's (non trinity, non immortal soul, non hell, etc) you have to wonder how the JW's can so confidently claim to be the only true religion. Surely Jehovah doesn't care that much about a few interpretational differences here and there.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

monophonic, here's a link to the site of the 'WCG' (now called the Reformed Church of God) which still adheres to Herbert Armstrong's teachings:

http://www.thercg.org/home.html

The breakaway group who publicly repented and rejected Armstrong's teaching are more often called 'Plain Truth Ministries' - they publish the Plain Truth magazine - not to be confused with the RCG who now publish a mag called 'The Real Truth'!

The breakaway group are regarded as apostate by the RCG - a fulfillment of the great apostasy prophesied in the Scriptures. The RCG regard themselves as the cleansed church ready to meet Christ.

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

Hi!

A church that springs off from th JW but has developed a much more sophisticated understanding based on the Bible are the "Lords' Witnesses". They also try to discern a grammatical biblecode which seems to make some sense.

A table comparing their doctrines to other major churches (plus JW *gg*) can be found here: http://www.truebiblecode.com/churches.html

Regards,

Philippus

Yes, but he also tries to prophecy when the "end" will come. He says is next year on March 23. A failed prophecy, like many others he's given is, that in August there was going to be an attack against the UN. According to him on his own words:The UN will be hit by a terrorist attack on August 16/17, 2007. But it will certainly recover and then be controlled very much by the Russian bear at first. Then later it will reform the UNPBC to be run by 10 nations, 5 of which will be the present UNSC permanent members. These are the 10 toes on the image of Daniel 2 and the 10 horns on the image of the Beast of Revelation 13 in the symbolism for today.

He is doing the same or worst than the WTBS by actually giving dates. Of course we are passed August and nothing happened. However he acknowledges that some of his

prophecies have failed. He has too much information to read in one day, more less comprehend. It is more complicated than JW's beliefs. A lot of things he took with him

after he left the Witnesses, others are even weirder.

• greendawn
    greendawn

There are so many cultic religions in the world nowadays and it's not possible to know all of them. Many will no doubt have the JW traits such as authoritarianism and seeking to rigorously control their members' lives.

True the WTS is imitating the medieval catholic church while criticising it at the same time as being the most damnable part of Babylon the Great.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit