Confidentiality and the elders.

by LtCmd.Lore 36 Replies latest jw friends

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

While talking to a JW elder: If you specifically state that you are speaking to him AS and elder, and that you want the conversation to be classified. Is he legally required to keep it secret, like a church confessional or doctor/patient type thing?

Lore

• loosie
    loosie

keep dreaming. He will tell who ever he wants and then deny it.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahah!

Hahahahahhahahhahahhahhahahhahahhahahahha!

You are kidding right?

Hahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhah!

Hahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahhah!

No. Really. Tell me you're kidding.

Haahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahha!

Hahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahah!

Got the picture yet bro?

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Legally? Are they obligated to abide by ANYTHING legally? Are you kidding? Might as well tell the whole Kingdom Hall with a Bull Horn.

BP

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Under oath they will tell you they are under priveledged confidential status. In reality they go home and tell the wife and the entire congregation knows about it as soon as she can light up her cell phone.

Sherry

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

So do we have a 'maybe'?

• 5go
    5go
    While talking to a JW elder: If you specifically state that you are speaking to him AS and elder, and that you want the conversation to be classified. Is he legally required to keep it secret, like a church confessional or doctor/patient type thing?

Though elders may claim clergy previledge in court and in a hospital Jehovah's Witnesses don't have a clergy class and all are members are considered ministers. So does that answer your question ?

By the time you turn around and walk away everyone knows what you were talking about.

No maybe they have legal double edge sword in that they have clergy previledge yet the elders are not a professional clergy.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    Under oath they will tell you they are under priveledged confidential status. In reality they go home and tell the wife and the entire congregation knows about it as soon as she can light up her cell phone.

Okay, but IF they say they are under priviledged confidential status and then tells the wife, who invariably spreads it to everyone in the circuit, would I be able to take LEGAL action, or have them removed as an elder?

I'm not concerned with keeping the conversation a secret, I just want to know if there is a legal OR religious requirement for him requiring his silence.

Obviously this is purely hypothetical, I have nothing to tell them that they can't tell whoever they want, but it would be nice to know.

Lore

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Legally Lore? NO!

When you sign up for the JW club you wave all rights to cofidentiality. You didnt read the fine print?

Too bad so sad. Its right there in the OM book (or what ever the new OM book is called.)

When you get baptised you agree that your spiritual oversight will be handled by the body. This includes but is not limited to all local eldubs. Now if he leaks what you told him to someone other than the contract specifies then you might have some kind of case, but the burden of proof would be on you to prove he leaked. Almost impossible.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

OK, so they have all the rights and privilages of a clergy but none of the requirements?

That sucks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit