Confidentiality and the elders.

by LtCmd.Lore 36 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Wull ya

Who is the last eldub you can think of that went to seminary?

Its a book publishing company for fucks sake. What do you expect?

• karvel
    karvel

well, you probably won't get confidentiality unless you're a pedophile. they'll keep that to themselves

• 5go
    5go

OK, so they have all the rights and privilages of a clergy but none of the requirements?

That sucks!

Good news though, it is starting to fall apart in the courts. See the pedophile updates for details.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

everyone knows I hate that stupid religion, but I have to say that I don't think all elders can be tarred with the same brush. I knew sincere elders who could keep a secret. However, that isn't true of their wives. What a load of gossips they are - anything they learned about a person was discussed with practically every other sister in the cong.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Legally? Like the time I had a garage sale and a lady thought I "legally" had to sell her something. I ask her:

"do you t think this is Wall mart? Get out of my yard, I don't' legally have to even speak to you"

Some might intend not to tell, but face it, a good piece of gossip is hard to hold onto. They will tell someone, their best elder buddy, or their wife.

I used to be a true believer and thought my secrets were safe with them you know the hiding place from the wind. It is not true.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

My mother used to call elders wives 'bed women' because they would go home and get all the juicy congregation gossip from their husbands at night as they lay in bed.

I had one P.O. who couldn't wait to tell me all the news of what was going on (even tho I didn't ask.)

• carla
    carla

Confidentiality and elders---- should there be some kind of law about using those two words in the same sentence?

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Just for the record...I learned everything that was going on in the KH mostly from the elders!!! Not the supposed gossipy wives. Most of the time the elders wives that I knew didn't know what I knew! The elders talk among themselves, no matter how confidential the info is supposed to be. I had an elder (from another KH) come up and talk to me about some problems that were going on in our KH, that he should never have even heard about!!!!!! I was involved in this particular problem, due to the fact that the persons in trouble were employed by me. This elder was foaming at the mouth to get someone to confirm what he had heard. I didn't give him the satisfaction!!!

I really wished I hadn't heard as much as I did.....I didn't think it was right as I knew many people counted on their info being confidential. I did start asking them not to tell me...it really was none of my business.

Swalker

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Lore,

Unfortunately that is what all witnesses believe would happen, yet when put to the test this does NOT happen. When we agreed to meet with the elders the first time, the meeting was supposed to be confidential. However they left and one of the elders told his wife everything, she twisted the meeting, and started spreading it around. Finally it got back to us, and when the elders wanted to meet again a month later we agreed but I told them we would no way meet with the first two that were there. I went off about how there was no confidentiality, and the PO told me he was sorry and they were supposed to have kept that meeting quiet. So he came with another elder. When they got here we clarified that THIS meeting was going to be kept confidential..they both firmly agreed. So what happened?? Months went by and we were waiting for them to return with information regarding the discrepancy with the 607 issue that we had showed them. We waited and waited. Nothing. Finally ANOTHER elder came by to give us a memorial invitation. My husband asked him if the elders had found any answers for us. The elder said no but they were working on it. By the things he said it was obvious to us that HE knew what we had asked the elders. It was very clear they had gone back and discussed us to the whole elder body and what out concerns were. As we all know, most elders wives know everything that is going on, and half of them can't help themselves and just HAVE to tell their friends...

Anyhow, that has been my experience.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

There is no such thing as elder confidentiality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit