Has being a Witness made it hard for you to love Jesus?

by jwfacts 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Whenever I hear the word Jehovah I still feel warm and fuzzy. He was the God that I spent hours talking to in prayer, petitioning, thanking, pleading with. He was my Father, the creator, the one who we would worship for eternity.

Jesus on the other hand I never spoke or prayed to. I spent much time at the doors proving he was not God, and little time ever discussing what he had done for mankind.

I can't say I feel particularly fond of Jesus. Do you feel the same way?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

as mythological characters go I like him much more than his daddy.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The WTS taught me that no good Christian should ever talk to Jesus.

Oh, he's still your friend, you're just not allowed to talk to him.

Absurd, huh?

Currently, I consider myself unaffected by Jesus. If he said and did good things, that's good. If he said and did bad things, that's bad. If he didn't exist, that's cool.

It has nothing to do with my true essence.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jesus has no place in the WBT$,except at the end of a prayer..Or..A WBT$ illustration.....It helps Jehovah`s Witness`s accept the "Anti-Christ" organization that runs them,the WBT$...OUTLAW

• Gregor
    Gregor

I doan wub deedee kai.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I love Jesus and he is so precious to me now -- but I still pray to "Our Father"

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

He's been in some really good movies. I loved him in JC Superstar. Does that count?

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Whenever I hear the word Jehovah I still feel warm and fuzzy. He was the God that I spent hours talking to in prayer, petitioning, thanking, pleading with. He was my Father, the creator, the one who we would worship for eternity.

Jesus on the other hand I never spoke or prayed to. I spent much time at the doors proving he was not God, and little time ever discussing what he had done for mankind.

I can't say I feel particularly fond of Jesus. Do you feel the same way?

You just hi-lighted and confirmed what is wrong with this false organization. Tell me how upset you would be if a friend or another relative disregarded your son in the same way. God must be P'd Off on a daily basis with this sect. Truly, one of the reasons of many he's gonna unload in the end times.

• 5go
    5go

No I liked him he blew the leaves at work. Nothing to dislike about him he went to the spanish congregation and we rarely talked.

• 38 Years
    38 Years

Actually, I've gone in the reverse direction. I appreciate and feel more of a connection to him. It's probably due to my early background in the Baptist Church. But I can't get all warm and fuzzy about Jesus like other people can. That's probably the Borg's influence. But I won't use the name Jehovah anymore, just God. During my last few years as a dub, it started bothering me like I was talking about someone else, not God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit