Adventures in Meditating......

by freedomloverr 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

I know a lot of you do meditation and I thought I would share a recent experience with you all.

It's been almost 2 years since I left the mental bondage of the org. and it's been a journey with lots of twists and turns. I really didn't know where to turn to for answers when I left the witnesses. I started searching and really found the practice of yoga and meditating appealing. I've been doing those things since then.

I have been gaining so much depth and clarity with regular meditating. Lately, facing another twist in the road, my meditation has been different. I think I've been trying to force the energy for answers. Doesn't work that way, I know. After an especially stressful few weeks lately, I decided to do some yoga and just decided to kind of give in that morning. During this meditation I let my thoughts settle and really, just *REALLY* listened to my breath, and I felt somewhat trippy. (this happens often to me when I get deep enough into meditation.) All of a sudden my chest got tight and I felt like I literally couldn't breathe. It was a feeling of drowning. I almost panicked, but decided to ride this wave with my eyes still closed. I had an intution to literally knock on my chest, near the center of my rib cage. It felt better, and I started to literally choke and cough, and almost vomit. I had a wave of emotion sweep over me and I started to cry, deep, and painfully. I just tried to stay with it and let myself ride this wave. I was breathing through all of this, trying to catch my breath. After this wave passed and my breathing got easier to do the most amazing thing happened.

I took a breath and I literally could breathe in past this point in my body that air had never gone before. It was as if I opened a trap door and now breath entered rooms in my pelvis, my sides, under my ribs, etc., where I had never even known I could send my breath. It felt so good! It was such a pleasurable feeling I can only liken the sweetness of it to a sexual pleasure.

As you can imagine my meditating has taken on a deeper meaning for me.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

That was intense. Just reading it. Was it as good for you as it was for me?

Seriously, that would have scared me to death. I'm glad it ended well.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Thanks for sharing that freedomloverr.

I've only recently started meditating, about three months now, but have had some intense experiences. Once while meditating the tears just started to flow. It wasn't "crying" per say, just a tremendous release. It's amazing how meditating makes you feel.

BB

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Good stuff.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Beautiful.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Meditation has opened entirely new levels of awareness for me. I haven't had anything quite as "frightening?" as you experienced, but what I have experienced is almost indescribable.

Open Mind

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

you know it's funny, I guess it sounds like a "frightening" experience but it wasn't at all. I did *almost* panic for a split second but then I just didn't. I didn't even have to decide not to panic. I just didn't and it felt fine not panicing.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Cool stuff. This might sound like a stupid question but can you explain to me the right way to meditate? I have try it but I think I'm doing it wrong. The only time I felt something is wen I free dived to 60 feet. I had a great felling of freedom and my hart rate just dropped. It was quite intense.

• frankiespeakin
  • integ
    integ

Very cool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit