Open Discussions About The Paranormal

by The wanderer 113 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

hillary-step, That was a very respectful post response. I appreciate how you explained it to Wanderer. I agree with you. Thanks for posting.

Blueblades

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Mr/Mrs Step (I'm still not quite clear here....)

Yeah, ya know I have to say you make some points that I had not really thought of and that in light of some recent events (no not this) I think I should.

Just the way you put it....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

BlackSwan..hillary_step is a MR...OUTLAW

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

LOL BSoM

Hint:

Hillary Step is a place named after a person, not a person

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

HS

Wanderer,

Listen to Outlaw if you are not prepared to listen to me.

All I wanted to know was why individuals had this need to become critical, insulting and so forth when discussing the issue regarding the paranormal.

The whole point is that people become critical, insulting and so forth when discussing anything and everything! Have you ever sat in a French bar and heard the dicussions on politics, or Italy and heard rival football fans discuss their favorite teams, or musicians arguing whether it should be D minor or E minor, or Glasgow at closing time when you try to discuss anything at all. People are people. Some are passionate about what they believe, others apathetic, others quietly understated, others very serious and some like myself perfectly balanced in all that I do and say.

This is part of the joy of human life, the things that makes rising from our beds in the morning worthwhile, that is, that people are the sum of their opinions, rightly or wrongly, passionately held or easily overturned. The very thing that the WTS was intent on quashing, the voices in our hearts that make us all different is what we need to celebrate, not monitor like a schoolteacher on the prowl with a stick marked 'be nice'. I would rather a person insult me than be dishonest for example.

Why do you consistently insist in trying to adjust people and their opinions to fit your own parameters? Just enjoy the Board for what it is - a bundle of emotionally damaged, dysfunctional loonies with formatting and posting issues that are not in the advertisers guidebook.

Cheers - HS

excellent answer HS - I just wish that all the ones who've left because they felt belittled, insulted etc would come back so we can tell them too.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

LOL BSoM

Hint:

Hillary Step is a place named after a person, not a person

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So it's Mr. Hillary... <<what's that thing called again? Google???>> <<making mental note to use it in the future>>

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Mrs.& Mr. Outlaw,

Congratulations, when did you two tie the knot?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Congratulations, when did you two tie the knot?

Around Minimus neck? When we learned that this was the only sure way of stopping him from burying the Western World in an avalanche of tedious, repetitive questions. HS

• Terry
    Terry

The Hillary Step is a nearly vertical part (height around 40 ft) of upper Mount Everest. It lies almost at the top of the mountain, halfway from the "south summit" to the summit top, and is the last real challenge before the summit. It is reached by climbing the South East route. It was named after Sir Edmund Hillary, who was the first person, along with Tenzing Norgay, who passed it to reach the summit. It is at about 28,840 feet above sea level.

The Hillary Step is a bottleneck. These are highly dangerous to climb up because, among other things, they are thinner at the top than at the bottom. More people will have to wait at the bottom, and they may get hypothermia by standing in one place. These days, ascent of the step is made with the assistance of fixed ropes, usually placed there by the first ascending team of the season.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Bwa-Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!..HS you are such a trouble maker!..I near spit a beer on the screen!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit