Where do you go for your spiritual needs?

by Blindbutnowisee 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Blindbutnowisee
    Blindbutnowisee

I never was baptize as a JW. I use to study with them for years, I even went as for as becoming a unbaptize publisher. I gave up being a publisher because I did not feel genuine in my efforts to preach. I always had a sense of not knowing what I was talking about. After finding out about the religion history, I became a shame for anyone one to know that I had any envolvment with them. When I told the person whom I was studying with that I no longer wanted to go out in service she told me " If you are a shame of Jehovah, then Jehovah is a shame of you" She told me to not be concern of the history of Jehovah witnesses. To leave the past in the past. There was nothing that the past can do for me. Where do you go for your spiritual needs, after giving up on a cult?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Personally, I don't have a need, thus nothing to fill, thus making life as stress free as possible.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

in my opinion, you don't have to go anywhere. i have a personal relationship with god, and my church is walking in the woods, or watching a sunset

it's like that song:

me and jesus, got our own thing going

me and jesus, got it all worked out

me and jesus, got our own thing going

and we don't need anybody, to tell us what it's all about.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I go inward, meditation, yoga, martial arts. I realised I don't need other people telling me what I need to do to be "in touch with god" or the cosmos or whatever you want to call it. Spirituality is very personal. Their are very different ways you have to find the right one for you.

She told me to not be concern of the history of Jehovah witnesses. To leave the past in the past.

I like that one. You could use the same excuse for every other religion.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

ask her well, if we can leave the past in the past, how come we can't celebrate holidays who's origins are meaningless now?

• emptywords
    emptywords

I find comfort in knowing that God is Love and a lover of Justice, in his due time he will reveal all, and just as he has done in the past, the Isrealite nation became corrupt, I believe that the descuting thing that causes desolation (Mth 25:15) is also applicatble to the WTBTS at Brooklyn, just my opinion. Things will be a cleaned out, in the meantime I read the bible prayer and try to follow Christ's example on how to treat others.

I find happiness in spiritual fulfillment in meditating on the beauty of Gods' creation.....(Rom 1:20) respecting all living things and allowing God to take me on the journey of knowing him through Christ. God is a happy God and wants us to be happy, not in fear and not in chains to a FDS that knows not us personally and brings reproach on the very God they are said to worship.

I

• knock knock
    knock knock

If you shouldn't worry about the past then why even worry about the bible, and all that entails, at all? I mean, that was most certainly in the past. Maybe she meant there is just a gap in history that you should turn a blind eye to. Hmmm, imagine that. How convenient.

Oh, and I go to the Goodwill Store for all my spiritual needs. Keep an eye out for the 50% off stickers.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

The mountains work for me. Have always gotten more from being out there than in any building in all my life.

Sherry

• helncon
    helncon

I have no spiritual needs.

But i do believe it should be a personal thing between you and whoever you truley believe in either god, jesus, budda, whoever.

Belonging to a religious group should not determine how spiritual you are.

Helen

• Carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit