are Jehovah's Witnesses a cult? You decide...

by under_believer 24 Replies latest jw friends

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

nvr, i am writing a book on j.w's and used this excact list. i am going point by point, showing from their literature they fit this lsit. they fall into 75% of the catagories.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    they fall into 75% of the catagories.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm sure it's more like 92.68%.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    'the end justifies the means'

Let's baptize the youths so they feel pressure to stay in the religion.
    Modify the Bible, taking the most obscure translating that fits our doctrine.
    Use the quotes of people in an "out of context" way that twists what they meant, and
    convince the writers that this is a good thing.
    Use faulty science without checking its general acceptance IF IT HELPS THE DOCTRINE.
    Let's tell them education is not worthwhile and dangerous so they don't learn different from what we say.
    Tell the Bible student that his questions will be answered in due time, perhaps from attending the meetings.
    Convince the rank and file that they are going to be destroyed if they read apostate literature or leave the
    organization.
    Place the literature, donate all monies from the field, and support the work yourself if your contributions
    from the field seem short. (They have the CO tell the elders how short the worldwide work contributions
    are, encouraging them to have the congregation step it up.)

Okay, the rank and file are not taught to be dishonest in the ministry, but they are taught to withhold negative
    information and mislead the students. There is enough "end justifies the means" technique in the WTS.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit