are Jehovah's Witnesses a cult? You decide...

by under_believer 24 Replies latest jw friends

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

lol, it's a list of 100, it can only be even numbers, unless you say, well, half a point there. lol

here's the ones i don't think they fit.

#36 although they have judicial commities, it's not a "confession session"

#41 although they are misled and power drunk, i don't think they are mentally ill. stupid and manipulative maybe.

#51 this ones iffy

#54 no front groups, everyone is expected to "share in the wonderful field service arrangement"

#56 there are those doing right, and "the other ones"

#65 i don't see any charisma in the governing body

#87 you don't really get to channel god, only the society does

#95 nah

#96 nah

#97 maybe after someone dies, but, not while alive

#99 they do associate with the outside world, albeit to get new members and are cautious

#100 will never happen. the gravy train is too good.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    it's not a "confession session"

I served on too many JCs. It is confession, I don't care what anyone says.

#41 although they are misled and power drunk, i don't think they are mentally ill.

Hmmmmmmmm. Delusion is a form of mental illness.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

nvr, how dare you defy me, didn't you read rule 1? lol yeah, i know your confessing, but, i think if you read the description, it means like, you sit in a group and confess to everyone on a regular basis. maybe i'm wrong, but, that's what i got out of it. maybe the society needs to tell me how i should feel on this.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hey. Don't feel bad. Most don't realize that's what JCs are all about. I didn't till it dawned on me one day while I was on the platform giving a talk about it. LOL!

There's a poster on here that goes by Confession. He's really into this point. Pm him, and you can have some nice discussions with him about it.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

so what, i can't talk to you. hmmph fine then.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    so what, i can't talk to you. hmmph fine then.

Sure you can brother. Just wait here in the second school while I find two more elders.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

bigdreaux looks for a way out.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    bigdreaux looks for a way out.

Nooooooo! Wait brother. We just want to talk to you. We just want to help you, readjust you.

• thepackage
    thepackage

If it smells like a CULT, walks like a CULT, it is a CULT. I'm just waiting for Jim Jones to show up at a KH with the Kool Aid!!!!!!!!

• thepackage
    thepackage

I was in for 20 years, they use FEAR to keep people in and you can't ask questions. Committee matters are a Joke, Preaching is a Joke, but they are good at FEAR, how many times did you hear the line "if you want Jehovah's blessing you need to............." Empty promises,they are a FRAUD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit