by nicolaou 51 Replies latest watchtower medical

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

alt

Yes!! About bloody time.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Yep, it's about time too!

The only problem is that the whole country is full of signs telling people not to smoke.

We don't have signs telling us not to murder, or steal.

I wonder how long the signs will last ?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I'm having a little conceptual trouble here: a cult that tells people not to smoke is being oppressive, but a government that does the same thing is not?

• barbar
    barbar

There is a distinct difference. One is banning smoking altogether (and in fact take very draconian action if a person is caught smoking) the other is not telling people they can't smoke. It is saying that thy can't smoke in enclosed public places.

The difference being that the government are protecting people who have chosen not to smoke.

I totally agree with this ban as I don't want to sit in a restaurant breathing in other people smoke while I am trying to eat.

As a doctor said on TV in the UK recently, "other people right to smoke end when it reaches my nose". I couldn't agree more.

• emptywords
    emptywords

Gov; make so much in tax of the smokers, but health wise I think it a good thing also the cost to the hospital and health system far excedes the tax. I do know of folk in England that go to countries like France to get their cigs, thats how dear they are. Very expensive in Oz also. Still feel like a smoke now and again even after so long a time.

In a way it makes the JW look less holier doesn't it having the government ban them in public, heee heee

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I just find it irritating that those damn stickers have to go up EVERYWHERE - even places where smoking has never been allowed - it's an on-the-spot fine for failing to have one on every entrance I'm thinking of putting this one up in my shop. Should cover everything:

no breaking the law

( From http://www.cartoonchurch.com/blog/ )

• Dansk
    Dansk

Well, I grew up with a father who smoked regularly and dated a girl (my wife) whose mother and father did likewise and all I can say is that I'm relieved no-one smokes in my home (I wouldn't allow it) and that I can now take my family inside a pub and have a snack with our drinks and not come home smelling like an ash tray!

We've all heard the pros and cons but the bottom line is smokers stink and I don't want their stink on my clothes and damaging mine and other's health while they freely waft and inhale the object of the offence. Yes, I could go elsewhere and I DO believe in the rights of people to determine whether or not they choose to smoke - but not in a public place!

Ian

• greendawn
    greendawn

That was a good move because it will save non smokers from the dangers of secondary smoking. It is also unpleasnt to leave a place with your cloths smelling strongly of cigarette smoke as happened to me many times in the past.

Smokers will have to learn to respect other people rather than just blow out smoke obliviously.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Smoke-free Tennessee starts tomorrow, but they wont aggresively enforce it for 6 months. All smoking in restaurants and even some bars too.

Dave

• ninja
    ninja

its been smoke free in scotland for a while now....its great not smelling of smoke after being out at a pub or restaurant.....woo hoo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit