Paper or Plastic bags?

by JH 19 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I expect this thread to be on Warlock's best of the week thread next week.

I prefer platic bags because they take less place, but my cat prefers paper bags because she cat can play in it....

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Plastic for me, easier to store and can reuse for small trash cans!

nj

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Neither. I prefer resuable cloth bags. But if I forget to leave them in the car, I usually get paper. I use them to put my newspapers, etc in for the recycle man.

If I am unfortunate enough to get plastic, I make sure to put them in the plastic sack recycle bin at the grocery store.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "Recycling" Sheep Class) (can sheep be recycled?...I dunno, i digress...)

• JH
    JH
    can reuse for small trash cans!

My mom does the same thing. I'm too proud to do that.....

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I like paper bags - I use them for recycling - put all the recycle stuff in one, when it's full take it out to the bin and open another paper bag for the next lot. Trader Joe bags are the best.

Woe is me - I have arthritis really badly in my left pinkie - it hurts to hit the 'a' key and the shift key. Very hard on a computer using fool like me.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    Zeroday, trying to increase his CARBON FOOTPRINT as large as possible

I always insist on plastic bags then put them in paper bags.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I bought some reusable canvas-like bags for my shopping. They cost me 99 cents each at Loblaws. I think they're made from recycled materials, including plastics, but they look and feel a bit like canvas.

I use these for my kitchen garbage.

W

• rebel8
    rebel8

Just started using cloth reusable bags.

Watched a scary documentary on Sundance about the paper industry in Brazil. Recycling isn't enough, reducing is most important.

OT--What ever happened to biodegradable garbage bags? Were they taken off the market permanently because of cost? Personally I think they should be obligatory. Now not only are they voluntary, you can't buy one if you try.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

We allways get plastic bags. Then I put my garbage in them and take them back to the stores garbage can. That way I dont have to pay a rubbish hauler.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm thinking about making up a few bags (by either sewing or crochet) cuz plastic bags tend to breed in my house - I'm being overrun right now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit