Why I will NEVER become a Jehovahs Witness

by kevin221 26 Replies latest jw friends

• kevin221
    kevin221

Because they are insane. Mabey not all of them, but the one's I've been exposed to so far have some serious mental problems. And for the record I'm not talking about their religious beliefs, I'm basing my opinion on direct actions taken by the ones that I have had personal experience with.

Thought some of you might be interested in the things that have been going on with me and Jon's family. I filed the restraining order against Jon's father but that hasn't seemed to stop him. Friday morning when I was leaving to go to my attorneys office I found a very nice poster size piece of cardboard taped to the windshield of my car. Thankfully the person responsible placed it face forward so unless you were stitting in the car you could not read the pleasant little message it contained. There in nice bold letters it said "Jehovah God Hates FAGS". Notice it didn't say GOD it said Jehovah God, so I know who it came from. I can't prove it but I know it none the less. So much for trying to handle things with these people nicely. Now his ass is mine, and I don't mean that in a good way.

I have installed a small security camera on my garage so that next time he comes on the property I can nail his ass to the wall. The local police and my attorney say that is all I need to file charges against him. I can't wait to see his face when they throw his sorry behind in jail. I know he probably won't stay long but it will be worth it just the same.

I'm begining to think that these people are kind of like a mafia organization of some kind. On Saturday two men in suits knocked on my front door. I thought they were police detectives coming to check on the report I had filed. WRONG. They told me that they were from the local JW congregation and wanted to know if I would be willing to talk to them about Jon and his family. They knew me by first and last name folks and that bothers me. I asked them what they wanted, and they said that they wanted to help settle the trouble between Jon's father and myself so that we could come to some kind of arrangement. I told them they had 30 seconds to get off my property or I was going to call the police. They said they were just trying to help one of their fellow brothers in his hour of grief, and I came unglued. What the hell did they mean by his hour of grief. This man treated Jon like he barely existed and now he's in grief because Jon died. Well too fucking bad. I hope he grieves till his dying day over what he did to Jon and then has to deal with it for eternity in hell. I told them to get out and never come back. I have a feeling they will be back anyway.

These people are seriously mental. I'm not trying to degrade anyones religious affiliation but, anyone who could get involved with these people must have some serious issues. I'm sorry if that offends anyone here as that is not my intention. I have been contacted my many of you here on this board and you have all been very loving and thoughtful and kind. I think that's why you all left that religion, you were too good for it. I know Jon was.

As my love would say, peace to you and yours,
    Kevin

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

((((((((Kevin))))))))

No good Christian could possibly be offended by your experiences and any good atheist would only be even more sympathetic.

Best wishes in this matter; all my love to you.

• Prisca
    Prisca

(((((((kevin))))))))

My love and thoughts go out to you. I'm sorry that you have had to deal with this rubbish while you are still dealing with your grief. To post a sign like that on your card is terrible even at the best of times; to do so now is dispicable.

Sadly, the JWs are taught to think only of their own little world. Jon's dad has probably told the elders a good little sob story, so possibly the guys don't know the story from Jon's point of view (or yours, for that matter). On top of that is their own prejudice against homosexuals, so in their eyes, Jon's dad has priority over anything you may say. It's not fair, but that's how they would be viewing things.

Are they insane? Some may be, but not all. Some of us were born into the cult, and had no choice to be anything but JWs. Many feel they are trapped, and I think they turn their inner turmoil into unrealistic actions and thinking patterns. Some JWs DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ELSE so how can they be expected to behave "normally" when they don't know what normal behaviour is.

Unfortunately their abnormal behaviour hurts others, and I wish I could do something to help you. All I can do is to let you know that you have my support, and if you ever want to email me, you are more than welcome.

Take care Kevin

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Kevin - good to see you! I can SWEAR just 10 minutes ago my thoughts had turned to you & your plight & jon's father. I was thinking that it is obvious that Jon's father is truly "mental" in all way, shape & form, and his position of elder really doesn't have anything to do w/it. If he had actually been driven by his spiritual beliefs, he would have used this tragic circumstance to preach the "truth" to you, and while that seems strange, its very true. He was obviously, imho, driven by his phobia of you and Jon's relationship. This could very well be because he himself may "be living in the proverbial closet" in many different ways. I truly am sorry for the pain you are experiencing, at the loss of Jon and the adoption of a maniac. You are in my prayers and I truly hope all is resolved soon.

While I do not in anyway subscribe to JW's religious beliefs, I can say that this is not "typical" (i.e. hate signs on cars) of JW's. But what is typical is their covering up of one anothers "sins" in the feeble attempts to have their organization "unblemished".

You are right in this, there are many on this board who care alot, without even knowing you personally.

Peace & Love
    Rhonda

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Kevin:

Just about the only thing I can say is: YOU GO BOY!!! KICK ASS!!

Don't let those damn elders have ANY power or influence over your actions. Give 'em an inch, they'll take your soul.

Wishing you strength,

Expatbrit

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

What is his congregation's address. Perhaps we should start a writing campain. Or what is Jon's father's address, perhaps we should write him too. What a bunch of ASSHOLES!

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• larc
    larc

Kevin,

I am sorry to hear about the grief this man is giving you. I am sure it is very difficult to have such crap piled on you while you are grieving for JonJon. I am glad you know about us and can come here for some semblence of comfort.

On one post, you asked if all JWs are like this. Not all, but far to many. I am glad you have never been cursed with having to sit through a Witness funeral. As many here can attest, they are horrible. They spend precious little time, if any, in a eulogy to the deceased and inordinate amounts of time trying to prove their resurrection doctrine. They have no idea how offensive their funerals are to those outside their closed group.

I could tell you some stories, but I may wait. It gets me pretty worked up. Hang in there Kevin.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Please catch that bastard in the act...or he will be on you for a long time. They are insane, quite a few of them.

Take care of yourself Kevin.

ashi

• Makena1
    Makena1

Kevin - my wife Sabine and I hold you and Jon in our thoughts. I am fairly new to these boards, but had the priviledge of chatting with Jon a few times. I got the impression he had a wonderful spirit.

I am truly sorry that in addition to the pain of loss you feel, you are also being harassed by some insane people. I know its hard (we have been through something tragic too), but take the "high road" and let the bastards hang themselves.

Much love and best wishes,

Makena

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hi Kevin,
    You are doing everything right. I can't believe they actually came to your home.

I keep you in my thoughts, always.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "Those who know, don't say, and those who say, don't know."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit